Chapter 25: New Years Eve

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Its so you can't see it till the end dear" he said.

"Oh ok" He started combing my hair when I thought I would ask him about the lack of customers. "Julian, why is the salon empty?"

"Well my dear, I heard about your mother, and when you made an appointment for today with Beth, I thought of a genius idea. I thought, lets treat you like royalty after the hard times you've been through recently. So I bought in a couple of extra staff, and shuffled everyones appointments to the morning; therefore giving you an empty salon so we can have a little fun" he said wiggling his fingers like an evil genius.

"Really? Oh my god thank you Julian! That means so much to me!" I said gesturing for him to come round so I could hug him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a big hug.

"Girl its fine! I love you and your mom and I thought I gotta do my bit to make you happy!"

"Thanks J" I said again as he walked back round to start on my hair.

"No problem. Now lets get started on your hair!" He giggled and got to work.

About 5 minutes after he started, he left and went into the back room. A few moments later, music started to blast through the speakers and Julian came out, swinging his hips in every direction and nodding his head as he sung the lyrics to 'Cheerleader by OMI'. We all started singing and jigging around a little; Julian having a little more fun dancing than the rest of us.

Half an hour later Beth's hair was finished and mine was almost complete. Beth looked great. Her hair was perfectly styled and looked just like she described.

"Ok and we're... done!" Julian proclaimed and waited till Beth and Sandra came over before removing the cover he'd just placed in front of my head.

Then he swiped it away!

"Voila!" Then a collection of gasps sounded.

"Jess you look hot!" Beth squealed.

" I know! If I weren't gay, then I would totally go for you!" Julian said running a hand through his hair. We all laughed at his comment.

"Ok can I see now?" I whined. Julian nodded then spun my chair round so I was facing the mirror. And Beth was right, I looked hot! Not trying to brag or anything! I gasped and then my face broke out into a humongous smile. Julian smiled at my reaction and clapped once again. It was nothing fancy but it was in big, loose waves a d looked effortlessly smooth and bouncy.

"I'm so glad you like it! Now lets get your make up and nails done!"

Sandra and Helen, a beautician, led us over to the beauty section of the salon and shut the door behind us, insisting it absolutely necessary as Julian had a big surprise for us afterwards.

They got to work on our make up first. Helen started on Beth's and Sandra, mine.

I asked Sandra for a light, not too heavy touch of makeup. She insisted that she could add a touch of drama to my eyes, and after a lot of convincing, winging and pleading, I finally agreed; knowing that I would be safe in Sandra's hands.

I could hear Beth describing to Helen what she wanted done. From what I could hear she asked for a lot of definition on her eyes. She claimed her green eyes were her best feature and that she wanted then to pop! I giggled at that.

Beth is pretty. Her pale skin, green eyes and black hair gave her a unique look. It all suited her perfectly.

Sandra told me to shut my eyes and I felt the soft brush of eyeshadow against my eye-lid.