Me: Zoey loves the playroom. She's playing right now.

Thing 1: You showed her?

Thing 2: No shit, he just said he showed her. I can't wait to see her in little space.

Me: Her voice gets squeaky, it's adorable.

Thing 2: We will be home soon.

They are going to rush back home, I can feel it.

After ten minutes of sitting in my office, I hear footsteps approach the door. Knowing they aren't Zoey's from the wider spaced steps.

After a knock, I open it and see one of our older butlers on the other side.

"Excuse me sir. A letter has arrived for you." He extends his hand that's holding a white envelope.

I nod, excusing him to get on with his work.

I hope this isn't what I think it is.

Ripping open the flap, I read the printed words.

Shit. Exactly what I was dreading.

My parents sent me a letter to inform me they were visiting. Whenever they visit we are required to hold an annual gathering since they don't show their faces much. They only come once a year, but they chose a hell of a time to come.

"What's that?" Jett says, walking into the room.

First and last time he will ever catch me off guard.

"We have to prepare for the annual gathering." I sigh, leaning back in my seat with my hands behind my head.

"It feels like Ruth and Henry just left." He sighs, remembering the last time they were here and how long the event lasted.

"We need to have a discussion with Poppy and Zoey about this. They both need to learn the proper etiquette, and we need to buy them dresses.

"Zoey can't be there." Wyatt says walking through the door.

I roll my eyes, already knowing the risks of her being inside of a mansions full of vampires being the one small human. Especially around the newborns.

Damn savages.

"If anyone has a better idea than keeping Zoey in our sights at all times, speak up." I demand sarcastically, knowing they don't have any ideas.

A high pitched gasp turns our heads to the door.

"Daddies! You're finally back. Look!" She flares out her yellow princess dress, showing off how good it fits around her body and her small bare feet.

"Wow, doll. You're so beautiful." Wyatt swoops her off her feet, causing her sweet giggles to fill the air.

The dimples in her cheeks drive me wild, but I have to contain myself. Little space is too vulnerable.

"I love the room! I had so much fun playing. I want you guys to play with me next time." She says, letting out a small yawn, showing she tired herself out.

I nod to Wyatt, silently telling him to lay down with her so she can nap.

We have a lot to talk about when she wakes up. Meeting my parents, meeting other vampires, whats expected of her at one of these parties. I truly hope it doesn't overwhelm her.

"We should go ahead and tell Poppy. It's about time she has another feeding anyways." Jett suggests.

Once we make it to the cellar, Poppy is sitting with her legs crossed on the floor with her back against the wall. She seems to be a little better than she has been. Her face isn't as pale and her body is no longer trembling in pain.

"Hey, I'm starting to feel hungry." She tells us just as she's supposed to.

Jett leaves the room to fetch a blood bag while I kneel to eye level with her.

I feel horrible for keeping a woman in such a cold, dark place. But its for her safety and others.

"We need to talk to you about something, and we need you to be completely honest." I stare into her eyes, showing her how serious I am.

She nods, "of course, I won't lie." She says as she straightens her back, ready to listen.

Jett walks in, handing her an open blood bag then stands behind me at the door.

"We are having an annual gathering in a few days. You should be feelings better by then, but you'll still be going through cravings and I'm worried you wont be able to control yourself. You've been good so far, following our instructions and limit your complaining. Instead of making a decision for you, I'm going to let you decide if you'd like to come since you'll be required to every year from now on."

Her eyes close in thought, "will I be safe for Zoey to be around?"

Jett shrugs, "we don't know for sure. We want to trust you. But we need you to stay completely open with us. If you feel anything wrong, like you may act on something you shouldn't, tell one of us."

I nod in agreement.

If she hurts Zoey, I'll probably kill her. She better know that.

She takes a sip of her blood and scratches the top of her greasy head, "I'll come. And I'll be good."

"How about we put you in an actual room now, yes?" I offer.

Her back probably aches from the hard floor. And she smells like rotted cheese.

I cringe at how rude my thoughts were. Woman hasn't showered in a while, not her fault she smells.

Her tired eyes light up as the chains jingle from her still being attached to the wall.

She's still going to be on probation.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!