Chapter 4: Shadows of the devil II

Start from the beginning

UltraX was visibly confused a bit by the fact he does not know her powers... She just said she wants to be friends... It feels weird.

Makima: You know, you seem like a lonely guy... You could really use a friend like me by your side and you know that. How about you become my host in exchange of a new friend?

Makima was thinking to herself that he is in her range to manipulate him into sumbission to sign a contract, she used her ability on him and who knew... He was completely under her control within seconds, this is a new record for Makima. In the meantime Elijah was patrolling in the park and making sure there is no danger, Elijah felt like this split up was his best idea... Till he saw someone staring down the lake, she looked like she was in his 20s... Elijah approached the person.

Elijah: Uh, excuse me ma'am?

The girl turns around

Girl: Yes, what do you need?

Elijah and that girl were looking each other in the eyes, the feeling of staring someone else besides your friend in the eyes... The girl was looking curious as she was thinking Elijah needs something, some kind of help or something along the lines.

Elijah: Why are you here?

Girl: hmm... I dunno really, I don't come here very often... I usually hang out with my friends, Makima, Nicole & Eric at the club at this time, but Eric & Nicole are busy today and Makima is not answering her phone at all today.

Elijah: Makima?

The name "Makima" sounded familiar to Elijah, almost as if it was the name of a devil, he thinked... However, he could not figure it out who it was.

Girl: Makima is a good friend ya know, she is always looking over me, Eric & Nicole like an older sister, I find it adorable at first, but then turns out she is hiding a dark secret.

Dark Secret? Elijah wonders what could that mean as he looks over the lake. UltraX has mentioned once before leaving the mansion he would always see 3 girls & 1 boy hanging around the lake, one of them acted like an older sister, while the other 2 and the boy are just vibing, however the one that acted like an older sister was suspicious as she was often seen heading for the casino after hanging out with her friends...

Elijah: Where does she go after she hangs out with ya guys & gals?

Girl: Well I don't know really, she says she has some work to do and leaves without saying to where exactly she is gonna go...

The girl seemed unaware as if she almost knows nothing about Makima's daily routine beyond the meet up at the lake, even though these 4 seem like best friends at the least.

Then a siren was heard somewhere, however due to how loud it is.

Elijah: Well that is my sign to leave.

Elijah stands up and turns around walking away slowly. In the meantime back in the Casino, Makima put the contract on a table and a pen next to it.

Makima: Now it would be easier for you to sign it and maybe, just maybe do me a favour~

Makima got on the other side of the table and sat down, as if she was forcing her way though without any resistance. UltraX takes a chair and sits down, grabbing the pen.

Makima: Yeah... Good boy, now just sign it and let your wildest dreams come to reality...

He prepared himself and was ready to sign... Makima closed her eyes and laughed as if it was all just too easy, nobody would be able to match her mentally or physically at all... The pen reaches down the paper, it was so close to be signed, however the pen was pulled away from the paper.