Jet Pack Blues

Frank POV-

"Gee I can't do this anymore- we're always argueing,  this isn't going to work. It's been a nice few years and we were great for a bit, but look at us now. We're constantly fighting and this isn't healthy. I need to leave, I might come back but I- I dont know. I'm just trying to find my peace of mind Gerard, and I can't find it here." I said, grabbing my phone, wallet and car keys, and opening the front door.

Gerard ran after me, grabbing my arm and turning me around

"Come on, surely we can make this work. Frankie this doesnt have to be the end, I love you so much."

I look him in the eyes, and see tears streaming down his cheeks. He doesnt bother to wipe them away. The sight makes me want to cry as well. I look up and blink rapidly, willing myself to not let the tears fall, but it doesn't work.

"Please Gee, let me go" I say softly, not wanting to look my boyfriend in the eye.

Is he still my boyfriend?

I'm not sure, and I dont want to figure it out at the moment.

As I'm unlocking the door, Gerard starts singing, the rhythm of the rain outside keeping time, and I almost want to stay. I can hear the pain in voice, and though I can't see him, I can tell he's started crying.

I walk out of the house, shivering because although it's June, it's raining and feels like September. The usually loud city is dead silent, only adding to the tense atmosphere. Unlocking my car, I get in the drivers seat and look out of the rear view mirror. Gerard is outside, wearing a long black coat, and he's saying something, but I can't hear it. Looking at his mouth, I assume it's something along the lines of 'baby come home'. I look down, start the engine, and drive away.

I've been driving for about half an hour, and I finally pull up to a motel I've found. It's stopped raining now, but it's gotten a lot colder. I get a room at the motel, and go straight to sleep.

When I wake up, I find seventeen notifications on my phone. Rubbing my eyes to wake up properly, I pick up my phone and look at what was happening while I was asleep. Ten text messages, all from Gerard, and seven missed calls, also from Gerard. i check my voicemails, and listen to the three I got last night, all of them from Gerard asking me to come home.

—three years later—

Three years ago today, I left Gerard Way. I have regretted that decision every single day, and I haven't seen him again.

In fact, I haven't been to that city since I left. But today I have to go back, for a job interview. The job isn't very close to where I used to live, but it's definetely not too far away either. I grab my denim jacket and my car keys, and make my way to my hometown.

I get there way too early, so I stop at a nearby coffee shop to get some lunch. Someone with bright red hair is sat at the table next to the counter, but they're facing in the opposite direction, so I can't see their face. They intrigue me, but I couldn't tell you why.

I order my latte and buy my sandwich, and decide to sit on the table next to the red- haired person's one.

They look up, and I see a face that I haven't seen in way too long. A face that I've thought about every single day, and I've wished to see again. Gerard looks at me and stands up, grabbing his things. I can't let him leave- not after all this time.

"Gee, wait up" I say, leaving my things on the table as I chase after him.

"What do you want Frank?" he asks bitterly. I look him up and down and almost cry. He's changed so much since I last saw him. His eyes no longer have the light they used to, and he looks so much bonier than he did before.