A Rose By Any Other Name

Trigger Warning- homophobic language/ slurs

A/N- i know the banner thingy has nothing to do with the oneshot but i thought yall might like this go to google and search 'build a frog' and a tumblr will be one of the first few links click it you will not regret it.

Gerard POV-

"It is absolutely a beautiful tragedy, I don't know where you got this whole poisoned by hatred thing but-"

"There are six deaths Gerard. Six deaths"

"No there aren't," I reply "there are like, three"

Frank takes a deep breath out and rubs his temple

"Would you like me to count them for you Gerard? Romeo, Juliet, Paris, Mercutio, Tybalt and Romeo's mum" Frank counters, putting a finger up at every name.

"So what if there were six deaths? Romeo and Juliet died for love and if that isn't a fucking tragedy then-" I yell, before getting cut off by the teacher.

"Language please, Gerard, and look, if we can't agree on one interpretation of the play, then I guess we'll just have to put on two productions. How does that sound?" Mr Toro chips in, making a fair suggestion.

Frank and I glare at each other, before he nods, and then so do I.

"Ok so if you think Romeo and Juliet is a romantic tragedy, go and stand behind Gerard, and if you think it's a warning about the dangers of shallow lust and youthful stupidity go and stand behind Frank" Mr Toro says. People stand up and some come to me, others to Frank.

Somehow, Frank ended up with a few more people behind him than me, but it's not like I care. Not at all.

Time skip to the next day—

The corridors are way too crowded, but I really need to get my books from my locker, so I try to stick to the wall, but I get pushed over anyway. I'm brushing myself off, when a painfully familiar voice cuts through the meaningless chatter of the crowd.

"Hey fag, come over here I need to tell you something" Bob says, his head sticking out above the other people's.

Bob Bryar. There isn't much to say about him. He's a massive homophobe, and ever since I came out last year as homoflexible, he hasn't left me alone. It's never gotten super bad, just some slurs here and there, and the occasional punch.

Ok so maybe it was kind of bad. But it was never anything I couldn't handle.

"Hey faggot, I know you heard me come here right fucking now" he says, causing a few heads to turn towards him, but everyone looks away after they see Bob's glare.

Not me though. I stare him down, before giving him the middle finger and continuing my journey to my locker.

Time skip to after school—

Ugh, finally I can go home. I plug my headphones in and blare Smashing Pumpkins, but not for very long. I rip my headphones out when I see Bob, fucking Bob, pinning some short boy against the wall and pumching him. I run towards Bob, and pull him off the boy.

"Fuck off, you no good son of a bitch, do you have no better way to spend your time? Just fucking beating people up all the time, is your life that fucking miserable?" I yell, and noticing that the kid fell on the floor, I kneel down to help him.

I'm talking to the kid, not knowing who it is because he's hiding his face, when someone kicks me, and I hear Bob say a slur under his breath, chuckling as he walks away from me.