Frank in a dress

unfinished request from like probably a year or so ago from whatchu_want_from_me
Frank knew the risks when he slipped his dress on in the morning. He knew that the risks could possibly outweigh the rewards. He did it anyway.

The dress was pretty, real pretty. It was a sort of dark olive green that contrasted beautifully with Frank's pallor, and a high waistline that complimented his body shape. It had three white buttons going up the front, and the skirt fell just below his knees. Frank looked beautiful.

The only reason he was able to do this was because he knew his dad wasn't home, and wouldn't be home until sometime tomorrow. If Frank's dad saw him like this he'd never be allowed out of the house again.

"My son is no sissy," he'd say.

"I didn't raise a fairy," he'd say.

Frank felt pretty in his dress. He was pretty in his dress. He put on some light eyeliner and a bit of mascara- both of which he hid at the very back of his sock drawer- and did a little twirl in front of his mirror, admiring the way the dress spun around him.

He was almost finished now, he applied a little bit of lip gloss and attached his silver lip ring. He ran a hand through his hair and pulled some shoes on, locking the door behind him as he left.

The walk to the bus stop was uneventful, but the bus journey was a completely different story. Every seat was next to somebody else, and Frank didn't know most of the people there. The ones he did know he didn't feel comfortable sitting next to.

A few people whispered as he walked down the aisle towards a seat next to a teenage girl who looked around the same age as him. A few people laughed. Two people even pointed.

Both of them from Frank's school. Both of them known for being incredibly homophobic.

One person- the person sat across the aisle from Frank- looked upset. He smiled sympathetically to Frank, who appreciated and returned the gesture. Frank recognized the boy from school, but didn't know his name. All Frank knew was that the boy spent most of his time in detention, mostly for getting into fights.

"I'm really sorry about them," the boy said awkwardly, but he sounded genuine. "I love your dress, and I swear I'm not saying that to be rude I actually mean it."

"Thanks and, I believe you. I recognize you from school, what's your name?" Frank asked, because fuck if the stranger wasn't hot.

"My name's Gee, what's yours?"

"Frankie. It's nice to meet you Gee."

"It's nice to meet you too Frankie."

Three days had passed since the first time Frank had decided to wear a dress to school. He wanted to do it again, only time, he chose a pastel blue sundress with white converse with his usual make up.

This time the bus was slightly emptier, but still not empty enough for him to sit by himself. Instead, he decided to sit next to Gee, or maybe a more accurate name would be the boy that Frank couldn't get out of his head.

"Well hello there Frankie. Your dress looks very nice, did you get all dolled up for me?" Gee smirked, reveling in Frank's blush.

"Yeah, I did it all for you. I'm like one of those girls who only ever do stuff for their boyfriend-" Frank rolled his eyes, before being interrupted by the boy next to him.

"-are you saying I'm your boyfriend?"

Frank's cheeks burned up. He knew he must be red all over, and he laughed awkwardly. It's not like Frank would complain if Gee was his boyfriend, it's just that Frank was worried about how much he wanted that to happen.

"Well no I'm not- I mean- oh you know what I mean Gee fuck off," Gee laughed as Frank stumbled on his words, earning himself a playful shove. "Stop it Gee you know that's not what I meant."

"Yeah I know, it's just fun winding you up. It's so easy to make you blush, it's cute."

Cute?

Frank's stomach twisted and his cheeks flushed a bright pink once again. Surely Gee didn't mean it. Noone had ever called Frank cute before, it just didn't make sense. Gee chuckled once again and looked at Frank with something in his eyes. Frank couldn't figure out how Gee was looking at him, but it definitely wasn't the way you look at someone that you consider a friend. Frank tried not to think too much about it, but it was very difficult.

"I'm not cute. I'm not cute I'm terrifying, I'm so scary that you're shaking in your seat and you fear for your life every time you see me." Frank said, giggling slightly as he tried to look scary, obviously not doing very well.

"Oh I'm so sorry, you're absolutely right, I'm so scared I'm not thinking straight, please forgive me, o terrifying one," Gee laughed, gazing at Frank with that look again.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Frank asked, tilting his head slightly in question.

"Like what?" Gee's eyebrows furrowed and he looks so adorable like that. How can somebody look so cute and so hot at the same time?

"I'm not sure. You keep looking at me in a certain way and I can't figure out what you're thinking. Usually I'm pretty good with this sort of thing but you're more difficult to read. What are you thinking about?"

Gee hesitated for a second, looking slightly panicked, before composing himself once more.

"I'm admiring your eyeliner. How do you get it so symmetrical every day? I've been trying for ages and I just can't get it right. Is it like muscle memory or something? I'm an artist, I'm supposed to be good with that sort of thing but I'm just not. Maybe you'd want to teach me one day?" Gee lied, raising one eyebrow smoothly.

"Sure, I can teach you. How do you do that thing with your eyebrow?"

"What, this?" Gee demonstrated, raising one eyebrow, before dropping it back down and raising the other. Frank tried to copy, and failed completely. He looked slightly ridiculous as he tried to raise one eyebrow, and Gee laughed once again.

Frank kept trying for the remainder of the bus journey- to no avail. In all honesty, Frank knew that there was no point in trying, he knew he couldn't do it. But he also knew that it made Gee laugh, and that made it all worth looking ridiculous.

Then it hit him.

Frank had a crush on Gee.

Frank had a crush on some kid from his school that he'd spoken to twice. How fucking lovely.