I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

TRIGGER WARNING- MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH, SUICIDE, MURDER, GUNS, HELL

Gerard POV-

I hold another knife in my hands, and I look down at my sleeping victim and bury it deep in her chest. I twist it, just to make sure, and I stare down at her unmoving body, before taking out the blade.

I vividly remember the day I realised I had been separated from the only person I've ever loved, and a rush of anger surges through me.

-

"Where's Frankie? Where is he?" I scream, fighting against the chains keeping my wrists attatched to the wall.

The man in front of me takes a drag from his cigarette, then drops it on the ground, crushing it with his shoe.

"I'm afraid you've made it down here without your precious 'Frankie'. Do you know where you are right now?" the man says, finally looking at me. His voice is deep- deeper than I'd expect it to be, and very distorted.

I frantically shake my head no, trying to look around to find Frank. He must have gone somewhere else. Based on the screams in the background and the roar of a fire I can hear, I can guess pretty well where I've ended up.

"Well then, Gerard Way, let me introduce you to the place where you'll be spending the rest of your immortal life. Welcome to hell"

Hell?

So where's Frank?

"I assume the person you died with was Frank?" the man continues.

"Yeah..." I say, my voice trembling as I realise what had happened.

Frank had made it to heaven.

I would never see him again.

"Well, as you've probably guessed by now, Frank made it to heaven. And usually, we'd leave it be. Two lovers, one in heaven the other in hell, it's nothing new. But I was taking a look into your background, and I figured that it would be a little bit too cruel to seperate you from Frank. You see, you knew nothing of love before you met him, you grew up without your parents, and you'd never had many friends. So I want to make you a deal. You can be with Frank for the rest of eternity, but first you have to bring me the souls of 1000 evil men" the man said, and I nodded, before pausing.

"Do they have to be men or could I do like women too or...?" I ask, wondering why it was gender specific.

"Oh no they can be any gender it's just that men sounds cooler than people, you know?"

-

A voice calls out in my head, bringing me out of my flashback.

"999 souls delivered. Only one left"

The voice seemed mocking when I'd first heard it, but it was almost comforting now. It told me how far I'd come, and how little was left of my time here on Earth. My time alone.

"Another night and I'll see you Frankie. Another night and we'll never be alone again" I whisper to myself, before looking at the blood on the bed and leaving. There's no point in trying to clean it, blood is a stain that'll never come off the sheets, and water never cleans off the clothes.

I make my way home and write down the name of the woman I just killed in my book.

Of course I keep a book of the names, they need to be remembered somehow.

I look up from my book, and see Frankie standing in front of me. He's glowing, and slightly translucent, but that's not what matters to me.

What matters is that he's here.

"Frankie?" I ask in disbelief. There's no way he came down to see me. Why, after over two and a half years of not having any communication, would he come to say hi?

Maybe they didn't let him?

Either way, I just need to kill one more evil soul and we'll be together for the rest of time.

Frank nods his head.

"Can you not talk?" I ask, wondering why he hadn't said anything.

Frank shakes his head.

"I'm so dirty babe. I've killed almost a thousand people in the past few years, but I just need to kill one more evil soul and we can be together for the rest of our lives" I say, happiness in my voice for the first time in over two and a half years.

Frank lifts his hand, and points a finger to me. He then drags a finger across his throat, before letting his head hang limp to one side.

I finally realise what has to happen for me to be with Frank.

I have to kill myself.

I go to hug Frank, but my arms go right him. The simple action of pulling someone into a hug is enough to trigger the flashbacks.

-

"Frankie, no matter what happens tonight, please know that I love you, and I'm so sorry I got you involved in this. You deserve so much better than me" I say, sobbing quietly as I wrap my arms around Frank and bury my head into the crook between his neck and shoulder.

"Nothing will happen Gee, don't worry. And I don't want anyone other than you" he replies, rubbing my back soothingly.

Two gunshots go off, and Frank goes limp in my arms. I look at him, and find two shots in the back of his head.

I scream, and lay him down on the ground gently, knowing that there was no way to save him.

Two more gunshots go off, and we're all dead now.

-

I say a prayer, and goodbye to Frank, before grabbing the small gun I keep in the nightstand of the small apartment I'm renting.

I hold it against the side of my head, and turn off the safety.

A tear rolls down my cheek as I imagine myself living the rest of my life with Frank.

Frank nods, and I pull the trigger.

As I fall down, Frank tries to catch me, before realising that he can't interact with anything.

I open my eyes, and find myself in the same room I was in over two and a half years ago when I died the first time. I look to my left, and see Frank laying next to me.

Finally it hits me.

Frank came down to hell with me.