Chapter 41- A Line That Shouldn't Be Crossed

--Lucian POV--

"What a pesky little fry, thinking they could get away with hacking into my company," I scoffed as I tapped away on my keyboard, offended to say the least.

"And to think he was hiding right under my nose this whole time. I've got to give it to Donovan, I underestimated that man, but we all make mistakes... I found him, so Stefan, get the security at the estate to catch him,"

"It's already been done," The man spoke in his usual monotone voice.

"And this is where my computer science degree comes to good use." I grinned, proud of myself as I slouched back on my chair, crossing my arms behind my head as I turned to look at the third party in the room, he was sat in the living area of my office with three monitors opened up in front of him.

I couldn't take all the credit for myself; Gunter, Vandenburg corporations very own experienced hacker, did most of the work in catching the intruder. However, I was the one that was able to discover what information was stolen, which wasn't anything important, just the contract between Angelina and me, but that contract was now void.

I was able to pin the blame down to Donovan, since he's the only one that would be interested in the contract, and to add to that, with the amount of time the Intruder had to go through our servers, a lot more things could have been stolen other than the contract.

"Good job, Gunter. You'll get a pay raise for the help you gave today," I sent him the peace sign as he punched the air in joy.

"I better call my wife to tell her about the good news. So, both of you, get lost for a minute. Thank you," I waved them off as they walked away, Stefan seeming more reluctant than Gunter for obvious reasons.

Turning my personal phone back on, I waited for a minute as I waited for everything to load. Stefan always made sure that my personal phone was either turned off or kept away from me when I was busy working so as to avoid any distractions, but I made sure to save Angelina's number on both my work, and personal phone in case of any unfortunate circumstances.

As everything finally loaded up, I raised a confused brow at all the missed calls, voicemails, and messages left by Alice, Reid, and even Leandro. What an odd group of people to get calls from.

But, since I had my priorities sorted, I called Angelina first.

And I waited for her to pick up, listening to the phone ring for some time until it eventually cut off with the annoying robotic voice of the lady.

"The person you are calling is not available, please leave a-"

"I figured as much, lady," I mumbled, ending the call before dialling once more, and when the same robotic voice answered instead of my Angelina, I began to grow confused.

It's 10 pm, she should be done with everything for the day and at home by now, so why wasn't she picking up? Was she in the shower?

Deciding to give it a minute, I dialled back the first missed call that I had, not having to wait longer than a few seconds as she quickly picked up.

"Oh, thank god you picked up. I was beginning to think something happened to you too," The stressed voice of Angelina's secretary spoke as I grew even more confused.

"Why would you think something happened to me?" I asked as I stood up, going to look out the floor-to-ceiling length window that stood behind me, tucking my hands into my pockets while I waited for her to answer.

"Angelina's disappeared."

And then it all made sense.

"...What?" I murmured.