Chapter 10- The Same Path

--Angelina POV--

I had to think about it.

When I got on that plane to fly all the way to Germany, getting myself a husband wasn't on my list of plans, much less to this specific man who's been infesting my mind since that day at the bar, my so-called BFF.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He raised an innocent brow.

"Because I'm not sure how else I should be looking at you right now, if not with disbelief... I understand the clauses of your proposition, but for some reason, I'm not sure if I can trust you," He hummed, shrugging his shoulders, knowing full well that I had a valid point.

"You know nothing about me just as I know nothing about you. While we may both get something out of this contract, I'm sceptical to see how far I can trust you. Up until a few minutes ago, I didn't even know your surname. You were just the man that..." I drifted off, not sure how to word the pictures in my mind.

But I didn't need to say much else as his lips curved up into an understanding smile, something I found myself being grateful for. One of the things I had learnt about Lucian was that he wasn't just a pretty face with lots of money, he paid attention to small things, and unfortunately, that's a rare talent that a lot of modern-day men are lacking.

"Are you going to keep kneeling while I think?" He blinked, coughing out a laugh as he raised his arms in surrender, standing up and outstretching a hand for me to take.

"Then, let's walk. My mother spent millions of euros on this garden, you can admire it as you think, it might help to convince you in my favour," I was hesitant for a moment, but in the time that my hand froze near his, he grabbed my hand, pulling me up from the bench before linking my arm through his like the gentleman he showed himself to be.

"Trust me, I know you'll love it," He quietly whispered as we began taking slow steps down the garden pathway.

"Love what exactly?" I voiced, trying not to let my eyes blatantly wander over the beautiful scenery. I very well knew that I was part of a small percentage of lucky people in this world when it came to wealth, and I know that if I wanted to, I could make a garden as beautiful as this with my money, not anymore, but I mean before I got robbed by my ex. The thing is, using my money for such things never even crossed my mind.

And I guess as my secretary had spoken on a number of occasions, I was a workaholic. All I ever cared for was my company which I had spent so much of my time investing in that I never stopped to think what I would do with all the money I was earning.

I do remember creating a charity trust fund where over half my NetWorth would always be donated to, but the leftovers after that was still quite a big sum of money.

"What are you thinking about?" I almost jumped when Lucian spoke.

"Judging by your facial expression, I'm guessing it's not about my proposition. At least, I hope not. I've never proposed to anyone before, but if I did then I sure hope their reaction won't be as foreboding as yours," I chuckled at his words, shaking my head in assurance.

In the short time that I've had the pleasure of knowing this man, he's always somehow managed to bring a smile onto my face no matter how displeasing of an atmosphere I created, and for that, I need to wonder if he really is a normal person or not.

"No, I was just thinking about my company that I lost to my ex-"

"Luxurian?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"I can't even begin to understand how you must be feeling about that. A company as successful as Luxurian being in the hands of a man like Donovan Moretti is a messy situation to be in. Only God knows what havoc he'll be creating,"