Chapter 17

The ninth month came in a flash with anxiety on the rise as the date of birth could be any day , xiao had decided to stay home for the entirety of the month to aid during birth. It was understandable for the other adepti due to venti's appearance resembling a balloon that could burst any moment, the days went by with the same routine done at the end . Some would say that xiao was being paranoid ,others could says its natural when the date is closing in. From time to time with the sudden cramps and aches he would feel increased , it was bearable to say the least when he was asked about it.

(Third person POV)

  The night was mellow and silent , with two figures in bed with one hugging the other by the waist while the other sat up against the makeshift wall of pillows that supported him while he read the book in hand . The atmosphere in the room seemed cozy until the pages of the book snapped shut and settled down on the bedside table accompanied with a sigh of exhaustion as the young man in braids looked down at his spouse.

"Xiao"

"Mhm, need something baobei?"

"I need you to let go of me, need a drink."

"Nope, never. " He felt the grip around his waist tighten slightly.

"Xiao, its just for a glass of wate-"

"Nope, I'll get it you stay here." The grip loosened , warmth in the sheets lingered.

  A sigh escaped his lips , how long has this been going on for? A week? Three? He been at it for awhile that's for sure.He had also banned him from entering the kitchen in fear of the possible scenarios  that could occur and refuses to leave his side even for one second even if the task was simple xiao would end up doing it anyway. He doesn't blame his force of actions. Due to the tense and anxiety inducing month , after all their child may come any time soon this month by surprise. He felt the child in him kicking slightly , a chuckle escaped his mouth as he rubbed his stomach area gently in a circular motion as he hummed a soft tune .

Who will their child take after? Him or his husband?His train of thought was disputed by the clattering of dishes and cutlery from said kitchen , a sigh breached the confines of his mouth as he left the bed and peeped into the kitchen to find xiao reaching for the glass and getting it down after what seems like an eternity and filled it up with water and proceeded to walk back to his room when he found venti by the doorway waiting for him.

"V-venti? I thought I told you to wait for me back in our room?" he jumped back a little his voice laced with anxiety as he motioned towards him

"Ehe. sorry xiao xiao , I got a little impatient while waiting for you an-"He was cut off with a pair of lips pressed against his with ember eyes staring into teal eyes , hearts could been seen as they deepen the kiss and pulled apart for air as their breaths mingled and soft breathing filled the once quiet room.

Hand in hand as both of them walk back to their room and resume their activities , the glass clinked quietly as it gently hit the wooden surface of the bedside table. The room returned to its former cozy atmosphere once more with venti reading where he left off and xiao resuming his cuddling session as he buried his face into venti's side once more , but peace didn't last long as venti felt an excruciating pain as the amniotic fluids began to spill on the sheets causing them to be drenched , his stomach felt it was about to burst with their child kicking hard. The book he held hit the floor as he clutched his bump in pain, struggling to bite back his moans of agony.

   Xiao on the other hand had to act fast as he picked up venti and began to teleport towards the cathedral to seek anyone who could aid them because at the rate of the situation the birth may come with very harsh complications if they didn't take action soon . The pained cries of his wife made his heart throb, the pain that venti has endured up till now was nothing compared to this brutal throbbing and stings that he's currently facing. His teleportation speed was slower than usual but did he give a fuck? No! But he wanted to ease the pain by getting to their destination immediately , the cries of his beloved increased his motivation to get to the cathedral because there is no way in hell he's going to risk the lives of his wife and child.