Chapter 10

(Timskip 1 year later and after ventis' gnosis gets stolen )

(Third person POV)

It has been a year and a half since Venti and Xiao got together, and both of them had their moments where they longed for each other during a long period of separation and there were times where they argued but manage to made up in the end. At one point when Xiao found out about ventis' gnosis got stolen and La signora kicking him, Xiao got pissed off and was ready to go on a rampage and start a massacre.But fortunately Venti managed to stop him and calm him down before he could do any serious damage.

(Xiao POV)

Today's the day , I planned to make todays' date extra special with a huge surprise at the end. As I got ready to meet up with venti I took one last peek at the box as I felt a smile creeping up my face before putting it away in my pocket then proceeded to headed out. That thing was not easy to get without Zhongli and Childes' help.  I was slightly annoyed by the mention of Childe but accepted it anyways.

  "Xiao~" I snapped out of my thoughts as heard the voice of my venti through the wind it was time , I shoved the box into my pocket and teleported to the windrise tree , I looked around as I couldn't find venti anywhere after awhile of searching I found him hiding in the tree while taking a nap. His sleeping form was adorable but he had to wake up eventually, I gently shook him as I tried calling his name. "Venti~ wake up it time for our date today." His eyes flutter open as his emerald eyes were revealed , he then proceeded to stretch out his arms as he glanced over "Hey Xiao, how are you? Its been awhile and I missed youuuuuuuuuu~" he said with his arms wrapping around my neck and pulling me in to a kiss. I felt our tongues touch as we battled for dominance mixing our saliva together, the kiss broke as we panted trying to regain our breathing. Ventis' face was dusted with a slight hue of scarlet as he regained his breath.

"Now that you're here lets' go! there's so much that I wanna do with you today , hurry or there won't be as much time!"  He jumped up and sprinted, his grip on my hand not letting go the scent of Cecilias as we run and his smile the same attractive smile that made his entire existence worth everything to me.

    We quickly made it to monstadt to enhance our weapons and grab some supplies before heading out to the teleport waypoint to get to liyue harbour so that we could catch a boat to inazuma . The ride was long but peaceful nonetheless ,we docked at the harbour of inazuma and  to my surprise the place was different than I imagined from the travelers' stories. The sakura trees were in full bloom with wind chimes played their songs as a gentle breeze blows by , the laughter of children as they play games and pranks together and the adults hard at work with their fellow workers.

We managed to settle down at the inn while unpacking some of our things , I heard some shifting of cloth and a few frustrated grunts from the back of our room. I turned to see a silhouette of venti changing his clothes from behind the changing screens as the light haloed his every movement as he struggles to put on the clothes we bought in the way here. Blood rushed to my cheeks as I fantasied about all the things I would do to him.

"  Xiao, please~ I need you~" The thought ran through my head for archons know how long because by the time I snapped out of my thoughts , I look up to see venti in inazuma style clothes that were slightly similar to the ones he usually wears, he looked adorable in that outfit as I watch him strides over and  sits on my lap as he pouted. "Sweetheart , what's wrong? What do you need?" I asked , trying to figure out why his sudden change of attitude as I wrap my arm around his waist and pulled him closer. " I called you just now but you ignored me , what are you thinking of  Baobei?" his placed a hand on my chest , his eyes avoiding contact with mine as he faces the opposite direction and doesn't utter a word.

(Venti POV)

I wonder what's he thinking of ? The countless possibilities filled my head as I payed no mind to Xiao who is currently attempting to get my attention. Did he think that I didn't look good in this outfit? Does he already dislike inazuma or was he thinking of other things like almond tofu? My train of thought was interrupted by two arms suddenly wrapped around me and pulling me into a hug.

I turn back to see Xiao with his face plastered with a mix of jealousy and concern. "First , you were jealous of me thinking of something else. Now , your making me jealous by being deep in your thoughts and ignoring me. Babe are you doing this on purpose? " Xiao jokingly asks as he tightens his grip around my waist . I giggled , sometimes he has some sense of humour that he understand but other time he doesn't . " Ehe okay, enough of the jokes baobei go get changed than we can go."

          He got me off his lap and heads behind the changing screen with his new clothes his hands, it took him sometime to change. He was busy trying to figure out how to wear his clothes properly , he finally done and damn he look kinda handsome. He walked out of the inn and started exploring the city.

      We visited Yae publishing house to browse for books , the stopped by a restaurant for dinner , we then bumped into Ei and Yae Miko on our way to watch the fireworks show under the sakura trees as we exchange greetings despite the awkward situation we were in and wen ton our separated ways . We manage to find a spot under the sakura trees where there it was secluded from other people , we settled down minutes before the fireworks show.

  The show was about to start as children began to countdown , I could barely contain my excitement .   "Venti.." I turn to see Xiao looking nervous his body becoming stiff like a board and he opens his mouth to continue. "I have something important to tell you," I don't know why but my heart began to beat quickly. " Ever since I met you, you've changed my life from saving me from my karmic debt , changing my perspective of the world and opening my eyes to see the beauties of this world. I love the way you view the world as a place of freedom and the way you sing and make music along with the the way you smile. I want to tell you that you will always belong to me and only me so....." My heart began racing to the point that I was about to leap out of my chest as pulled out a box and got down on one knee.

  "So Venti, will you do the honours of marrying me ?" He asked as he opens the box revealing a ring , I felt tears of joy stream down as I placed both hands over my mouth and nodded. "Yes Xiao, it's an honour to marry you!" I said as I threw myself at him causing him to fall to the ground and pulled him into a kiss. Just as we broke apart the fireworks were set off , we looked up to see multicoloured explosions filled the sky in different shapes and sizes. I look back at Xiao to see him sliding the ring on my finger and smiling back at me , I hold up my hand to study the details of the ring. It was a simple silver band with small floral carvings and in the middle there was a emerald carved into a flower which had a piece of topaz in the center of the flower , the ember reminded me of Xiaos' eyes seeing that the colours of both the gem and his eyes match. It felt like a dream as I turn to Xiao  to kiss him again as the final firework was launched into the sky

(Third person POV)

      As the fireworks show and reached its end , the crowd that was formed began to disperse as people went back to their respective homes. Both yaksha and former archon made it back to the inn and entered their room the prepare for bed. Venti laid in bad while waiting for his beloved adepti to come over for cuddles , he recounted todays' events from todays date to the surprise proposal that his boyfriend/ now fiancé had planned out for him made his heart flutter.

He then heard footsteps approaching him as he turn to see Xiao in pyjamas and his arms open wide as an invite to cuddle , which venti gladly accepts as he to does the same gesture as Xiao in response . The two cuddled in bed for awhile before beginning to nod off , before they both close their eyes and drifted off to dreamland , venti whispered to Xiao.

"Xiao,"

"Yes , venti?"

"Thank you for everything today , I loved the surprise you had planned for me and thank you for loving me or who I truly am." his voice laced with gratefulness and affection as sleep began to take over him.

"Your welcome love , now sleep tight Venti I love you too." He said as he delivered a kiss to his forehead as both drifted off to the land of dreams.

(Phew! Hi my celestials, I missed you all! sorry for not posting in awhile I had a writers block and weighted assessment and it was also topped off with oral exams. Well, thank u guys for reading this chapter! See you all in the next chapter my celestials! Bai!)