Chapter 9

(Before you start this chapter, yes both Xiao and venti know and visit their dead friends together from time to time and  Xiao is aware of venti being a wind spirit as his true form. Other than that, enjoy this chapter)

(Third person POV )

Xiao wondered to himself how he got himself into this situation as he gently strokes ventis hair who was peacefully sitting on his lap while he thought of new poems next to the window in his room. This all started when venti reminded him of his punishment for his little 'surprise' from that morning. This meant that Xiao is unable to leave or perform his tasks for the entire day but luckily for him, Zhongli allowed him to take a day off for two days. Usually he would be training during the time period , now he has time to spend with venti but not in the way he expected. He took a quick glance at his lover who seemed to be lost in thought as he thought of words to form his poems. Xiao knew that he disliked to see his bard stressed out so he took the pen and paper out from his hand and before venti could say a word, he was immediately cut off by a kiss from Xiao.

"X-xiao wha-" " Look venti I love you but I just don't like it when your focusing on something else other than me." He said. Xiao my be someone who takes his tasks seriously but he can be a big soft kitten when it comes to Venti. The archon looked back at his beloved yaksha and let out a small laugh at his actions he then cupped his cheeks in his hands and pulled him in for a brief kiss.

        Both then pulled away, faces drowned in blush as they looked at one another with a love filled eyes as Xiao pulled them both on to the bed and began cuddling his wind spirit whom buried his face in his chest out of embarrassment and the desire for his affection. Xiao gently caressed his cheek as he snuggled venti closer, there  was a gentle breeze, the sounds of children laughing faintly ,the sky was clear and best of all no one was interrupting them. The day was considered peaceful for both of them with the flowers blooming, clear skies and birds chirping away.

  "Hey, Xiao?" Venti asked, hesitation was hinted in his voice as he turned to face his boyfriend hoping that he will receive a response for the question he was about to ask. " What is its Venti?" Xiao replied, wondering what Venti needed as he look back at him with curiosity spread across his face.  "I was wondering that on our next date should we go to monstadt ?" Venti finally spoke after five minutes of debating , it then hit Xiao like morax's meteor, they mostly went out on date near or in liyue but they never went on one outside of liyue. "Sure, why not? It'll be a nice change of pace and I was wondering what life there is like and maybe we'll have fun, who knows?." He answered, as he looked back at Venti with a smile to reassure him that everything will be alright. After all, what can go wrong with one fun day in monstadt?

(Timeskip to the next day)

(Third person POV)

Venti was eagerly waiting at the main gate of monstad, he could barely contain his excitement for this date. He wanted to Xiao around and maybe stop by for some food later and maybe go sightseeing and climb up to the church tower to watch the sunset. This date was going to be fun he could just feel it. As he looked in the distance and sees two figures, one tall and the other resembling a child. As both of the figures approached closer, venti sprinted and jumped into xiaos' arms causing him to let go go Qiqis' hand which allowed her to sprint off in the distance to find Klee and Diona.

   "Hi love, can you get off me please? I need to get up if we want to go on our date." Xiao said as he pats venti gently on the back. "Sorry Xiao gimme a sec. So, what should we do? Where should we go? oooooH I just can't wait to show you all the best places in monstadt an-" He was cut of by his stomach growling. He looked back at Xiao  in embarrassment , it seems that he had forgotten his hunger over his excitement of his boyfriend  and him having a date here in monstadt.