Chapter 41×

"It seems as if I'm not getting in contact with either of my higher-ups."

"Dang it."

Both you and Rimuru were currently sitting on Ranga's back as he flew above the forest, allowing you guys to try and look for any cave that's nearby.

Your thoughts were totally all over the place. There was definitely a reason as to why Benimaru, Elith or anyone of that matter wouldn't be responsive. You didn't wanted to think the worst, but that seem to be the only things that's running through your head.

"They aren't.. Dead.. Are they?"

"No. Of course not, Y/N." Rimuru tried his best to reassure you, but he seemed to also be having doubts himself. "I'm sure they're fine," He felt your arms tightened around his waist as he answered. "We'll be there in no ti-Oh look! There's a cave!" You moved your eyes to the cave that was placed just a few feet in front of you all. With a small huff, Ranga flew into the cave with full speed.

🔸🔹▪️

"Lord Rimuru!" The sound of shock can be heard lacing from the person's mouth. You climbed yourself off of Ranga before giving him a small pat in appreciation.

"Queen Y/N," You looked over to Soei, who was bowing down. "It's a great relief to see you two are doing fine."

"Soei," Rimuru was glad to see that his subordinate was fine.

"Master Rimuru," The blue head turned toward one of the males that called out his name. You, yourself, didn't recognize him, but you assumed by the trench coat he wore and the amount of chemicals he had in the cave, he was a scientist.

He explained to you two how he assumed that the town was enclosed with some kind of magic that prevents any intervention from the outside.

"So was that the reason why I couldn't come in contact with Zeldin or Elith?" You questioned yourself quietly, but it seemed that the scientist had heard you.

"Yes. I believe so, Ms." Vester, the scientist, answered you.

"So there's a possible chance that they're not dead, right?" You were starting to gather a little hope in yourself.

"Let's go see what we're dealing with." Rimuru spoke.

🔸▪️🔹

You all, Rimuru, yourself, Soei, Vester, and a few of Soei's subordinates, stood just out the entrance of Tempest as there were no way to enter for it was block heavily by magic.

Rimuru outstretched his arm to make contact with the magic shield that prevented them from entering their home. "It should be possible for me to get through. I'll apprehend the guy who casted the spell." Your husband then turned to look at you. "You think you'll be able to enter?"

You stared at the shield before looking at your bracelet. "Maybe if I take this off..."

Rimuru furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "Are you sure?" 

"I... Don't know." You took off your bracelet slowly, but surely, hoping nothing would happened if you do so.

"Wow...!"

"That power..!"

"T-That... Aura!"

"Should I place it back on? I'm sure I can still enter without it." You placed a hand on the shield. "Yep.. I'm pretty sure. Hehe.." You nervously chuckled.

"Alright then.." Rirmur was a little hesitant, but he allowed it to slide. "I want both you and Souka to go and find the one responsible for the barrier outside." You looked at Soei, and the young woman who you now know as Souka.

"Yes, sir." Soei nodded his head. "Though.. It is possible that this may be the beginning. Please be cautious, for it is that one of those responsible is a human nation....." Soei started explaining and you listened to every word that was said. "The kingdom of farmus is taking military actions and is heading toward Tempest."

🔸🔹▪️

Eh...