Chapter 8×

"I appreciate your hospitality, Rimuru."

"No problem, Y/N. I practically begged you to come here, so it's the least I can do."

You and Rimuru were currently sitting under a tree near the party that was just going on for your arrival. Elith sat just a few feet away from you, chewing down on the food that was giving to her.

"Once again, I'm sorry for keeping you away from your people."

"It's alright," Rimuru waved you off. "Besides, I'll have to get use being alone with you once we're married, right? And I have all the time in the world to be with my people." Rimuru smiled at you.

"You really are prepared, aren't you?" You chuckled softly. "I like a man who's prepared."

"Oh, really?"

"Hm. I guess so." You smiled. "But I was thinking that we should get married within a week."

"Wait, you're serious? You actually want to get married?" A blush suddenly formed on his face.

"Many people in my kingdom are married. The ceremonies are lovely and it makes me feel rather happy." You looked up into the night sky. "I want to experienced what they have."

"I see," Rimuru muttered softly. "Well, I promise you: once we're married, we can explore everything together. We will be husband and wife, after all. And I promise to protect you and your people."

You smiled at the man. You placed a palm on his cheeks, softly caressing them. "You truly are something, aren't you?" You removed your hand. "I would kiss you, but I'll save that until we're married. Until then," You picked up a piece of bread from your plate and places it near your future husband's lips. "Want a bite?"

Rimure faced was painted a deeper red. He slowly nodded his head and took a bite of the soft bread.

"Your people are really something when it comes to cooking meals, huh? Can't say they're better than mine, but they are good." Rimuru chuckled at your statement.

Even if it was sudden, he was happy he get to marry someone so nice and caring as you.