Chapter 1×

"Lady, Y/N. It seems that all the meat has also been vanquished." Your (Eye Color) eyes slowly closed as you released a heavy sigh, caressing your forehead stressful at the words that was spurted out of Elith's mouth.

"How long do you thing it would take to find seeds to plant?"

"Well," your 'secretary' started, "Depending on where we go to find them, it'll take months. And if we're talking about them growing once we've done planting them, it'll take even more months." Elith stated as she tangled with her shaggy, long, red hair. It seemed that she was also stress with the sudden catastrophe that happened just a few days ago.

Y/N L/N. The princess of the elf kingdom. You were known as a hardworking being that focused on others than yourself. Everyone loved you, not only because you were the kind being that you were, but because you weren't like your heartless mother.

Your mother was once queen of the kingdom. She did her job fairly well: always tending to others, giving her ears to everyone when they need someone to talk to, and even her time to celebrate with everyone else. But one day, the queen was so tired of it all, she ran away with all of her belongings and goods, leaving only a young Y/N to fend for her family.

"Ok. I need the warriors here with me at the moment. We need some people to go out hunting for fruits and meat." You snapped your fingers.

"Yes. Right away, mam."

As Elith exited out of your view, you released an even heavier sigh.

You got up from the couch you were sitting on, and made you way outside of your home, viewing the scene of kid elves playing around, and other elves talking or possibly working.

"Lady, Y/N!" You cocked your head to the sound of your name.

It was Marey, one of the many kid elves. She was followed by three of her friends, Elliot, Ema, and Jamaal, who had happy smiles acrossed their faces.

"Yes, little lamb?" You crouched down to the girl's level.

"We want you to play with us!" Shouted Elliot.

"I wish I could, but duties have arrived and I can't take a break from doing them." A small, sad smile was sewed onto your face. You eyed every one of the kids, watching as their eyes tilted ever so slightly as they became sad.

"Oh," They all frowned.

"You've been more busy than usual, lady Y/N." Ema realized, hands clinged onto Jamaal's who nodded his head in agreement.

"Welp," You stood back up, a sheepish look on your face, "When you're a princess for a large population, there are many things that have to be preformed." You faked a smile. "Now run along, guys. Maybe next time?"

They all looked at each other with disappointment, before nodding at your request. "Ok."

You waved at the kids as they made their way to another kid elf that was just near by.

It was disappointing that you can't spend your free time playing with the little ones, but with everything that has been going on for the pass week, life can't be more busier.

"Lady, I've received them." Elith approached from behind you.

There were guards lined up behind the red head, hands to their forehead in solute, ready to take on the job that is about to be bestowed on them.

"Good. Glad to see you guys are doing well." They all nod in appreciation. "Now, I will make this quick. I need you to go on a trip to look for some food for us. I know it's sudden, but it have to be done. I'm sorry to put you into this on short notice."

"No sweat, princess. If it's for you, we'll do anything." A guard quickly spoke.

"Thank you, Zeldin." You smiled in appreciation before closing your eyes and letting out your millionth sigh for that day. "Grab some food from the kitchen and stay safe." You opened eyes, now filled with determination as you spoke to your trusty knights.

"Yes, your majesty." They voiced before moving away from your view.