Author's Note

Hello hello!

You've made it this far. Now if you haven't reach chapter 30, then these next few character notes will be a SPOILER!! Before we get into it, I have news:

1. I have a book that will be participating in this year's NaNoWriMo, When Stars Fall. Go show some love if you want to support my journey. I may or may not be adding bonus chapters *wink wink*.

2. Two novellas for this series are in the works and will be published as soon as this book is completed. To Tell a Tale and the Adventures of the Green Knights.

-To Tell a Tale will be about Arathmus and will follow five stories of old. We will meet new characters and old ones will return (no spoilers haha).

-the Adventures of the Green Knights will take place the following months after the end of this book. I can't say much about who are the Green Knights and what adventures will follow yet, but it'll be very interesting.

Now that that's said and done, let's get into our characters:

-Vera Bedivere: She's of Asian descent with sleek, short black hair. Vera is slightly introverted with strangers but very protective of her family. She's essentially the reluctant leader of the Nomads, naturally stepping into the roles that her ancestors had. Her aspirations of the world were limited to what was constant in her life. Meaning, she didn't care much about anything beyond the people she cares about. The monsters, the dangers, and any other encounters are meaningless to her as long as she's with her family. In my world, there's only Aragon. So, the fact that her ethnicity is translated to Asian in the real world, it won't necessarily mean that it will be the case in my book. Either way, I wanted her to be Asian. She'll have a much bigger arc in the second book.

-Gawain Lot: He's white. I don't know what to tell you. I'm kidding. He's got that Polish, or Welsh, ancestry going on. In the original lore of the Arthurian legends, Gawain Lot had many Polish and Welsh implications. Gawain is blond with light colored eyes. He's the second in command of the Band of Nomads. Mostly the brute strength behind Vera's intelligence. He's very untrusting when it comes to strangers, I would say that it's important in his character later on: the fact that he has trust issues in others. We'll see how that goes. His love for his family is what keeps him grounded. Gawain will have a much stronger arc in the second book.

-Bo and Beau Bors: I'm going to be honest, I found it really hard to add the twins in the book. Partly because I didn't know how the story would benefit from having them in it; however, if you do your research in Arthurian legend, there are two Bors men that are legendary knights. From one version to another, these relative change from being a father and son duo to some form of brothers to cousin. I went ahead to add them, and they will have a huge arc in book two and three. These two are of Indian descent. One twin has a scar going from his eyebrow to his lip. This wound is important much, much later. They both have brown skin, brown eyes, and very short hair.

-Arathmus: Our Tiresias of the story, if you will. She's an Otherworlding with the power of Knowledge. If you ask her a question, she will be able to answer to the best of her abilities. When we meet her, she is entirely blind to the physical world. It is her penance for her error of judgement back when she first got her gift. Arathmus is one of the few that have gone to Lady Lake without a guide and made it back unscathed. She's very pale with bright blonde hair. Her physical appearance and beauty fades after a certain period of time that she doesn't reach someone. She is also not allowed to choose sides, no matter how hard she tries. After so many years, her story has been changed and turned around. No one truly knows what happened between her and her husband, as well as how exactly her gift caused a full-blown war between one kingdom and another. Chronologically, this around King Arthur's reign in its beginning stages.

-Ygraine: The Princess is the baby sister of Arthur and Mordred. She has silver hair and blue eyes, inherent by all three siblings from their mother. She's another one of the few characters that I was hesitant in adding to the story. If you haven't guessed by now, my book centers around many powerful women. And with Ygraine, I didn't know how to include her. I did my research on Ygraine and in many versions, she was a prized and well-loved princess, but mostly out of the picture. She marries a prince from a neighboring kingdom and that's pretty much all I got from her. In the end, I got a loyal and protective vibe from her and decided to interpret her in this way. She favors her brother Arthur but loves both of them very much. Family background will be important in the other books.

-Mordred: Now, the false King is the black sheep of the family. One of the least successful and one of the least favored. He copied Arthur in everything trying to be viewed in the same light as him. He steals his brother's throne by killing him. Mordred learns that taking what he wants will grant him everything he's ever wanted. And so, he does. I think one of the most important things to note about Mordred is that Val views him insignificant, so she doesn't really pay attention to him. The building of his character will constantly stay one dimensional because she hates him so much that she finds him insignificant. She does, however, worry about the amount of damage he could cause to others.

-"Em": Em is our sassy healer. There's not much to know about her so far, only that she's a healer. She has long dark hair, with hazel eyes and olive skin. Her reason to why she's in Aragon is simply for work. When she becomes Val's friend, she is willing to help her get what she needs to go back home. She despises the monarchy and goes against any laws that she doesn't agree with. She's like a modern-day conspiracy nut. Eh, kinda.