The aftermath of the Games

Dally's POV:

I woke up in a windowless doorless room in a hospital bed. There was a restraint. My head throbbed. It all came back to me in a painful flash. I gasped as the memories came flooding in. The reaping. The arena. Glade. Hector. They were dead. Or at least Glade was. Hector and I were both critically injured. They could've taken us both, healed us, and were about to put us in a small done to fight to the death. Its happened before. A few years ago, two girls from different districts were both incredibly hurt, so the game makers nursed them back to health and then they had to fight to the death so there was only one victor. I remember Hector's face. It looked identical to Johnny's. I felt a stab of guilt in killing him. It felt like I'd killed Johnny, even though Johnny was waiting back in district 12. And Glade. Oh glade. Her vibrant green eyes burned into my memories. I didn't love her or anything. its just that she saved my life multiple times and I only saved her twice.

I put my hand up to my face. Wait. The ridge is still there. From when the arrow scraped across the side of my head. Nothing else was on my face, but the scar was definetly still there. So was the ones on my arms. And the scratches on my torso. I was happy that they let me keep my tuff scars, even if they did dull them down a bit.

My eyelids were heavy. I hadn't slept at all the last week I was in the arena. I plopped back down on my pillow and slept.

I wish I hadn't.

I had nightmares in HD and 3D. The most terrifying moments from the arena. I couldn't wake up.

When I did, I screamed. I felt extremely rested and hungry. There was cold food on the table next to me. I had definetly been asleep a long time. a small part of me thought that I'd slept right through the post Hunger Games rituals and it was already time to mentor the new tributes. Wow. I've spent too much time with Ponyboy.

An avox girl comes in. She's the hind of big busted chick I'd try to take to my bed. But I'll probably never take anyone home ever again For a lot of reasons. "Is Hecor dead?" I ask.

She nods as she replaces my food with fresh stuff.

"So I won?"

She nods again.

I know I should feel releived, smug, and exited, but I just feel dreadful, scared and angry.

Once I am able to get out of bed and talk to my mentors, Katniss hugs me and says "oh thank god!" I can tell shes been crying. Over what, I'm not sure. I cried too. I don't even care if I won the fucking Hunger Games, I wish I hadn't survived.

Vern dressed me for the presentation of the victor opr something like that. I was dressed in black pants and black boots. My hair had gold glitter in it. I was bare chested, revealing my scars and really hot abs and deep tan. My hair was made to look unruly but instead just looked like I just woke up.

I entered and alk the people in the Capitol cheered and hollered. I sunk down into my seat as Presient Snow placed thr crown on my head.

As I watched the replay of the Games, I just wanted to dissapear. It started with me volunteering for Ponyboy, then moved to training scores, the interviews, then finally, the Games themselves. They showed me and Glade mostly of course. At the end, I was practically shaking and surely white as a ghost. It ended with Hector saying goodbye to me then shooting an arrow. The screen went dark and there was a million applause. I tried to smile, but I couldn't.

For the interview, they decided to dress me up like I normally dress back in district 12. They gave me ripped jeans, a t shirt, boots, and the ugliest yellow leather jacket I've ever seen in my entire life. It had cartoon flameS at the bottom.

I tried to answer the questions truthfully and upbeat, but with every second of my victory I hated the CaPitol even more. I mentioned that I would try to help out Glade's sisters. I refused to talk about my friends. I'm sure they're proud of me, but I'm actually embarrassed of myself.

_______________________

I'm tiered.

It's 10 at night right now.

It's not over yet.

Love ya!

CC