The games begin

Dally'a POV:

My head is pounding. I'm about to go into the arena. Katniss is giving me some last minute pointers, which I appreciate, but wasn't really paying any attention to. She held out her hand for me to shake it, and I did something so unlike me. I hugged her And said something that I wouldn't ordinarily say. Usually it would be Johnny or Ponyboy saying it. I said "stay gold, Katniss Everdeen." Then I was forced into the cylinder And shot up. I saw all my fellow tributes and the cornucopia. Glade looked more terrified than anyone. We were in a marshy area. Kinda like a bog. The gong sounded and the eightieth Hunger Games began.

I ran like a devil to the cornucopia and tripping over random things somehow managed to get myself a sleeping bag, a bag of gunpowder, some knives, and a water canteen that was totally full. I wrapped it all up in my jacket and turned to leave, stabbing some random kid in the gut. I made it about five feet when I saw Glade. She'd obvioudly gotton a basket of stuff and a few spears, but the burly girl from district 11, Rebelle, I think, Had stolen Glades spears and was aiming at the small girls head. I let a knife fly that way, and it hit the district 11 girl square in the ear. Glade glanced at me, grabbed the spears along with My knife and the girls stuff And ran off into the lush vegetation. I ran off the opposite direction.

The ground was really spongy, hard, and dry. It didn't stick and if you put it in the acidic water it would just be really slippery. i left footprints on land even in vegetation, but would just slide if I walked in the water, which was definitely not good to drink. I decided to walk on land, since the water burned your skin when you touched it. I counted the cannons. Eight total since the games began. I can't help but wonder if Glade was one of them. I guess I won't know until tonight. I wasn't looking where I was going. I walked right into quicksand like mud. I was sinking fast and couldn't get out.

When it was up to my waist I called for help.

________________________

Sorry bout that guys, it's really really late when I'm writing this. 

I just had to update this today.

Love ya!

CC