Untitled Part 21

Dally's POV:

The hallucinations started soon after Glade and Hector left. Everything starting turning itself random colors and warping it. I tightened my grip on the tree to not fall off. I saw things that really were never there. It was like this for several hours before Glade and Hector came back. Hector picked me out of the tree. I yelped because his touch was like fire, then ice, then fire, then ice, then fire. He sets me down and I start swatting myself because I see bugs walking all over me and biting and stingng. I spasmed with the pain that was pulsing through my body, trying to get the bugs off. I saw Hector and Glade hold me down, but I thought they were strangers so I screamed, trying to wriggle out of their grasp. Glade shoves a spoon of gray liquid into my mouth. its real bitter. I try to spit it out but Hector covered my mouth and said something that sounded like garbled gibberish. I eventually swallowed a lot of the gray liquid, and the hallucinations got better, but my wound was still the source of every ounce of pain in my body. Hector put medicine on it and wrapped my arm and tucked it into the makeshift sling. It stung. It felt like there were a million angry bees trapped inside the bandage.

The next few days, Glade gave me more glanidola and the wound slowly became a wrinkly scar. The sharp pain became a dull throbbing.

Over the course of that week, a few other tributes were killed leaving me, Glade, Hector, the girl from district 6, and the boy from 8 As the final five.

I couldn't make myself sleep a wink all week. One morning, there was a game maker made meteor shower and me and my allies found a cave for shelter. A burning hot rock slid into our cave and I tried to push it out with my bare hands. Needless to say my hands were severely burned. That's when my mentors sent me some burn medicine. The boy from district 8 died from the meteor shower, leaving four.

_______________________________

Yay!

Dally's alive!

Love ya!

CC