Untitled Part 20

Glade's POV:

I'm getting worried about Dally. When I tried to clean the wound, he whimpered and said it stung all icy hot. we both watched our surroundings that night as Hector slept. I know we need a certain plant for this particular infection. Glanidola, I think. But there wouldn't be any in this boggy place. I slept on Dally's chest under his good arm. Once the three of us were awake, we ate some food. Then we heard an announcement. "All tributes need medicine of a sort! There is a large supply at the cornucopia! Come and get it!" 

Hector and I looked at eachother. "Ya think they have glanidola?" I ask.

"They have what we need. Let's go before it's all gone." Hector says.

I have no idea where I am, so it's a good thing Hector knows how to get back to the cornucopia. We help Dally secure himself into a tree then start heading to the cornucopia.

It took a few hours, but the cornucopia and starting panels were finally in view. The cornucopia was filled with different medicinal herbs, and a few tricks probably. Hector and I hide in a bush. The herbs are already half gone. If we wait any longer, they'll all be gone. Before launching ourselves out into the open, we find who's there. There's the girls from 6, 7, and 8, the boys from 10 and 9 And Hector and I. Knives raised, we ran to the cornucopia and I grabbed an armful of glanidola and other herbs. I kicked the girl from 7 into Hector's knife. Then he cut away the boy from 9. I ran back to the bush while Hector continued badassing it. Please dont die. I thought. If he dies, I'm not sure if I can make it back to Dally. Then he'll die and I'll die. The girl from 6 shot a spear into the heart the girl from 8. It was a beautiful spear. Straight, sharp, and long. The boy from 10 began to make an advance on Hector, and Hector ran away, pushing me along with him. We ran a few more hours and found that no one else had died other than the girls from 7 and 8 and the boy from 9. 

As we reached our camp, I hoped Dally wasn't dead.

___________________________

What'd ya think?

Love ya!

CC