Untitled Part 19

Katniss' POV:

I think I'm about to be sick. This year. These Games. So similar to the one I won.

I recognize the infection on Dallas' arm. It's the same kind of infection he and a lot of other toddlers had all those years ago. Oh god. The thought of it made me sick. Pretty much every child under three had been sick that year. So many children had been brought to my mother, that she just couldn't save them all. almost a quarter of the toddlers were killed by it. The first step was always a purple infection. A chemical reaction turned their blood into a tar like substance. Next, was hallucinations. Then their lungs swelled up so it was so hard to breathe, they would slip into a comatose state. Then death.

it got more dangerous the older you get. More pain, it takes longer, and it takes more of that medicine to heal. he's seventeen, I think. That means he needs to be cured in less than a month. I need to make sure that that plant was in the arena. But I have no idea what it's called. I called my mother on the telephone And asked her what it was called. "Glanidola(a/n I'm just making this up)" she told me. I asked the game makers if there was any glanidola in the arena. They said there wasn't but they got an idea. "No! No thats not what I meant!" I protest, but theyve already started planning how they're gonna use glanidola to drive all the tributes together. Maybe I should just shut up. Maybe I shouldn't talk to the game makers when I'm not sending anything until both Glade and Dallas are both out of the arena one way or The other.

_______________________________

So ya.

There's gonna be these kinda chapters every once in a while.

Love ya!

CC