Untitled Part 18

Dally's POV:

No one died the next few days. Glade's foot healed enough for her to be able to walk short distances. But my arm wasn't healing. It actually seemed to be getting infected. Around the wound was a deep purple blue and wound itself was a dark purplish black blister. Everytime I tried to move any part of my arm, a searing hot pain surged throughout my entire body. Hector kept putting medicine on it and wrapping it up, but it kept getting worse. All the veins below the wound were highlighted black. I couldn't even feel my fingers anymore.

When Glade and I were alone one day, I remembered something. Sometimes, people would cut into blisters to heal them. Sure this definetly not a blister, but I still want to pop it. I take my knife and am trembling as I bring it next to the bubble. I take a shaky breath and bring it down on it. AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! The pain was unbeleiveablr. It was like being stabbed by a burning cold icicle in the middle of winter and ice water shoots through your veins and it feels like lava. I colapse on the ground, unable to keep the tears and screams in. A sickening black liquid bubbled down my arm. I was worried for a second that I was bleeding out. I tried to place a trembling hand on it but my body shut down from pain and I passed out.

While blacked out, I saw last years arena again. The smell of pine dominated my nose. I looked down. My arm was still sickly purple but I couldn't feel anything. "Hey, beautiful." Says Marcia as I look up and meet her eyes. Oh my god. Her eyes were hard and cold as stones and full of pain and fear. "What did you want to tell me?" i hear myself ask. But I didn't move my lips. I saw myself a few yards away. Marcia whispered in his ear and I couldnt hear it. "What?" I try to say, but no words come out.

I wake up to Glade shaking me. Tears in her eyes. "Please wake up. Please wake up. Please wake up." She said quietly to herself. My eyes flutter open. I wince with the pain it sends everywhere.

I look up because the anthem was playing.

Yup no one died.

I cant close my eyes because I just know that the Capitol is getting bored.

They're gonna pull something tonight or tomorrow and I want to be ready for it.

__________________________________

Sorry it's short.

Love ya!

CC