Chapter one (Will title later)

Ponyboy's POV:

I wake up to a sunny morning. The birds are chirping outside our window. Just another day at the Seam? Think again. I've been dreading this day for months. The Reaping. Well, none of our gang has ever been picked, so lucky us. But now, all seven of us are eligible. We weren't last year and we won't be next year. (AN: in this fanfic, Darry is eighteen and Pony is twelve, the other guys are their real ages.) we drag ourselves out of bed and get dressed in our normal attire. We can barely eat our cake. When the others arrive, they do their best to act cheerful, but it fools no one. Once we are awake, we take out the stuff we always use to party hard after the Reaping because none of us ever get picked. but there is a huge dread on us, since any one of us could be pulled out go that bowl Now. Darry keeps me close. He's been pretty overprotective since I turned twelve.

At around noon, we go to the square, flipping and hollering. Maybe it was something about the fresh air. Strangely enough, I never felt so alive. Once there, we all got to our designated places. They began by doing the normal proceedings, you know, introducing the mentors, the 'pep talk' all that shit. I almost yelled 'just pick the names out of the fucking drawer already!' But of douse I didn't. Finally, they drew the girls name. A twelve year old soc named Glade SUMMERSET. that girl was always happy, but now all the color was drained from her face. They asked for any volunteers. None. Katnias looked like she wanted to volunteer for the poor helpless girl, who's eyes darted around. Then they drew the boy. "Ponyboy Curtis." They said. I almost lost my breakfast as I began to make my way up to my place next to Glade. They called for volunteers. Once. Twice. I felt my stomach entangling itself in knots.Darry couldn't volunteer and Soda wouldn't. Johnny would be too scared, and the others, I was surprised they'd never volunteered for the games. Plus, I knew none would come to my aid. Just as they were about to close, someone shouted, "WAIT! I VOLUNTEER AS A TRIBUTE!" I saw a blond head push through the crowds, screaming as he rushed up to take my place. He goy to the stage and pushed me into the crowd. I looked up as they asked the boy his name.

"Dally. Dally Winston."

_______________

So what do you think?

Love ya!

CC