The Queen in the Cage

¶ Chapter | Thirty ¶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¶ Chapter | Thirty ¶~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine
~~~~~

I keep staring at the closed door in confusion. Why I can't go? What happened suddenly? Did he come into Viper King talk? No, he tried to kill him why would he come to his talks? Then? Maybe there is some reason...hmmm.. that can be.

I gulped when I feel my throat tightening and blinked to stop my tears from forming I turn back making my way towards the couch. I sat down. I love going to the office it is my dream and I don't feel good if I'm not able to go. Since childhood, I have had this problem I don't like someone setting boundaries for me. Whenever someone tells me what to do or not to do something I feel caged.

I lean back and pulled my feet up on the couch, laying down slightly. I look up at the ceiling. There must be some reason that's why he stop me from going, yes this is the matter or else why would he stop me from going he himself permitted me.

Hmm, this is the reason don't worry it's not like if you don't go to the office for one day you will lose your job. It's ok, this is only for today, you can go tomorrow. I tried to assure myself and closed my eyes.

Knock

I open my eyes and sat up. Who is at door? I get up and go towards it. I open the door and saw a person standing there with a plate.

" Your Boss just went.."

" This is for you Mam" he cut me off forwarding the plate towards me.

For me?

I look down at the plate and saw a chocolate pastry in front of me. This is not for him, I'm sure now because I never saw him eating something sweet maybe he has a cavity but I brush two times a day so I can enjoy the pastry. I take the plate from him and close the door.

______

£ Night

I come out of the washroom and look at the clock it's 11:00 pm. I stand in front of the mirror and picked up the comb and start running it through my hair. I will go and sleep straight without looking at the phone I don't want to get late for the office.

Something is different today first I got pastry then I got a thali, maharaja thali for lunch since I come here I only got roti and one curry but today I got chapan bhog and same thing happen in dinner too.

I heard the sound of the door opening and I realised who he is but why he is early today? He comes back around past midnight. I hear his footsteps coming closer and I continue doing my work keeping my gaze down.