130

"Is ... Is this true?" Madam Leng asked in shock.

The servant nodded his head cautiously and spoke without hesitation: "General Zhong is extremely sorrowful. He visited all the famous doctors in capital to treat his son's injured leg. It is said that his injuries is so serious that the doctors is at their wits' end. He probably won't be able to walk this path for the rest of my life. "

The porcelain bowl fell to the ground with a thud, shattering into pieces.

Xie Xun's face turned pale white, she anxiously stood up and walked out: "I, I want to go and see him."

In order to save her, big brother Zhong Shang had even crippled his leg! Can't walk for the rest of his life? He was the son that General Zhong was most proud of. He was valiant enough to kill his enemies. If he lost a leg, how would he be able to keep his head up in the future? Thinking about all these, Xie Xun felt extremely guilty, she could not sit still, she just wanted to see how Zhong Shang was doing.

Madam Leng called out to her: "Ah Xun!"

Although she was worried about Zhong Shang's situation, it wasn't appropriate for her to rashly rush over. She paced back and forth on the spot. After making up her mind, she let the servant bring the gifts she had prepared earlier and majestically left in the direction of the General of Agile Cavalry Palace.

Before she could even get close, she saw one doctor after another walking out of the manor's entrance. All of them had bitter expressions on their faces, and their heads were sunken in disarray as they shook their heads as they walked. When Xie Xun and Madam Leng saw this, their hearts sank.

When the servant heard the purpose of their visit, he welcomed them into the central room to wait, then turned around to invite General Zhong and the General's wife over.

Zhong Kai and his wife rushed over. Madame Liu seemed to have just cried; her eyes were red and her face was filled with grief. They had heard what had happened from Zhong Shang's mouth. His son had been injured because he wanted to save a girl, and now that he had ended up like this, he was willing to do so. Thinking about it, Mrs. Zhong could not help but take another glance at Xie Xun. She was indeed an exquisite little girl, such an appearance was rare even in the capital, no wonder her son liked her so much.

Madame Zhong withdrew her thoughts and forced herself to smile as she greeted Madam Leng, "Shang'er has just had an accident, my entire mind is on him, I have neglected Madame Xie, I hope that you do not take offense to it."

As she said that, she followed Zhong Chang to the armchair, and invited Madam Leng and Xie Xun to take a seat.

"Madam Leng hurriedly said that he didn't, and ordered the servant maid behind him to present his thanks. One of the boxes contained ginseng, deer antlers and other supplements to nourish Zhong Shang's body." Since Madame Zhong is so serious, how can I blame you? If not for the fact that Young Master Zhong had risked his life to save his daughter, it was most likely Ah Xun who was lying on the bed right now. We, the Xie Clan, shall remember this kindness in our hearts. Although it is only a small gift, not enough to repay Young Master Zhong for saving his life, please accept you and General Zhong. "

Madame Zhong rejected it two or three times. Seeing that the Madam Leng was insistent, she ordered the servant to keep it. There was no smile on her face. She seemed to have thought of something sad. She lowered her head and used the handkerchief to touch the corner of her eyes. She seemed to be on the verge of tears again.

General Zhong, who was standing at the side, heaved a long sigh, as if he had aged ten years in one night. "Useless, useless ..."

Xie Xun suddenly raised her head and looked at him in grief.