64: Honest

Although Zhanyue Court and Pavilion Changqing were separated only by a long corridor and a small path, the layout of the two places was completely different.

As soon as she entered Zhanyue Court, she saw a screen that was carved with the images of a crane and a deer in the spring. Behind the screen was an exquisite courtyard.

It was wide, with a pavilion to the east. A few plums and osmanthus trees had been planted in the west, and now that the osmanthus flowers had bloomed, and the whole courtyard was filled with a fresh and elegant fragrance.

There were more than ten maidservants in the courtyard, and they were orderly. As soon as she entered the courtyard, someone came in the room for informing. Another person led her to the main room.

The main room was even more intricate, with two chairs placed in the middle. With just one look, one could tell that they were not ordinary wood.

Ouyang Yi's gaze roamed the room. Upon entering her eyes, there were precious jade artifacts. Even the white glazed vases casually placed on the table were something she had never dared to think about before.

Behind the screen with flower and bird patterns, there should be an inner room.

Ouyang Yi could vaguely see the red curtains and the murals on the wall. She couldn't tell what kind of exquisite it was.

The dissatisfaction in her heart was rising. What could Xie Zhen possibly be so good to live in such a room?

When she and her mother were out on the street, was Xie Zhen living so well?

Wasn't it because she married her cousin?

The maid invited her to take a seat, and after a moment's thought, she sat unceremoniously in the rose chair in the middle and waited for Xie Zhen to come out.

Shuang Yan was serving outside. Upon seeing this, she was stunned for a moment before reminding her, "Young lady cousin, you should sit here ..."

She pointed to the chair in distance.

Ouyang Yi pretended not to understand and asked, "Why can't I sit here?"

Shuang Yan said straightly, "This is my Empress's seat."

She pointed to the other side in confusion, not intending to move, "Can't she sit there as well?"

After a long silence, Shuang Yan came to understand what kind of person she was. To put it nicely, she was the cousin of the sixth prince. Frankly speaking, wasn't she just an ordinary commoner?

What qualifications did she have to act so arrogantly in front of the prince's wife?

Shuang Yan's attitude changed, and her tone became less courteous. "That is His Highness's seat."

Only then did Ouyang Yi have nothing to say, but she was still unwilling to move.

Xie Zhen was about to enter the room, Hong Mei came in with the tea in her hands. Shuang Yan directly received the tea and placed it on the table below. She said to her, "Please sit here, young lady."

Only then did Ouyang Yi reluctantly stand up and sat down.

Behind her, Shuang Yan rolled her eyes.

This was the cousin of the sixth prince?

When she heard about her yesterday, she thought it was some kind of girl. It made them curious for a while.

Who would have thought she was such a person! She was really an eye-opener.

She was like an uncultured, undisciplined mountain village girl!

Putting aside the fact that the other party's identity was much more prestigious than hers, even if she were to be a guest at someone else's house, how could she sit on the main seat so easily?