16: Caught Fire

The next morning, the rain on the mountain finally stopped.

The sky was blue, and the sun was high in the sky. It was a good day for travelling. The Xie Family and the Li Family met at the back gate of the temple. Just as they were about to depart, the Gao Family's people came over, saying that they wanted to go with them to see the peach blossoms. Madam Xu brought Gao Tongtong, Madam Zhao brought Gao Xun, and a few maidservants followed behind. It seemed that they had come prepared.

Madam Song was polite. "The more people, the more lively it will be. Then let's go together."

The garden was not far from the temple, and they were led by a small monk who walked for about a quarter of an hour. The children were rather obedient and didn't cause any major troubles.

Xie Zhen was always by Xie Rong's side. It was probably because the road down the mountain was not easy to walk. She closely followed Xie Rong. "Big brother, slow down."

Xie Rong was not Li Yu. Xie Zhen told him to slow down, he would be sure to slow down, and sometimes directly carried her along the road. So along the way, the little girl, Xie Zhen, did not put much effort at all. She was the most spirited in her time in the peach orchard, and Xie Xun fell asleep on the nannie's shoulder instead.

The peach orchard had a total of tens of mu. Thousands of peach blossoms bloomed at the same time, forming a beautiful scenery in front of everyone's eyes.

Peach petals scattered with the wind. From afar, it looked like a pink ocean rising and falling. Waves surged up, bringing with them a strong fragrance of flowers. Xie Zhen came to a peach tree and looked up at the petals above him, perhaps stunned by the spectacle, and stared for a moment.

A petal floated down from above, spinning and landing on her forehead. The petals were covered with water droplets that had remained from last night, covering her forehead with ice-cold water. She reached out to pick them, and a bit of bright red flower juice was imprinted on the place where the petals fell, like cinnabar that had been intentionally pressed.

When she smiled and turned her head, the peach blossoms behind her became a foil.

At such a young age, she already possessed such a beautiful disposition. No wonder Gao Tongtong called her a little fox spirit, it was true. She was not that kind of demure and imposing beauty. She was so beautiful that she was a little bit like a demon.

Now, she was standing under the Peach Blossom Tree, wearing a white dress. She smiled with her pair of clear eyes and waved at them. "Big brother and mother, quickly come over. The flowers on this tree are very fragrant!"

Madam Leng and Xie Liqing did as they were told. Xie Rong also slowly stepped forward, leaving behind a group of people who were looking at them with infatuation.

With the Xie family gone ... Each one of them was prettier than the other. It was truly a beautiful painting. God was so unfair that those with good looks had gone to their families.

Gao Xun stood on the spot, staring at his little fairy. He didn't even hear Madam Zhao cry out several times.

Madam Zhao helplessly knocked on his head. "What are you thinking about?" "How many times have I called you?"

Only then did he regain his senses, reluctantly withdrawing his gaze. "What did mother call me?"

Madam Zhao pointed ahead. "The little Young Master of the Li family has already been there. Aren't you going over?"

Gao Xun then saw that Li Yu had come to Xie Zhen, his face turned sideways, there was not much expression on his jade-like face. But Xie Zhen liked him and always talked to him, which made Gao Xun very envious.