44: The Imperial Edict

When the imperial edict passed down, Xie Zhen was sitting under the tree with a bowl of dates soup, sipping it.

Recently, the weather was getting hotter and hotter. Even with only a thin blouse made of leno on, it was of no use. She was so warm that she could only let the servant maids work harder, who were both fanning her.

Xie Xun, who was drenched in sweat, asked as she lay on the bamboo basket beside her, "sis, am I baked enough?"

Xie Zhen swallowed a mouthful of sour dates soup, touched her tender lotus-like arm, squeezed it, "Soon, you're already 80% done."

She rolled over, trying to bake herself more evenly. "Then I'll get some more sun."

Xie Zhen laughed at her. She brought the jujube soup to her mouth and fed it to her. "Are you going to bake yourself and eat yourself?"

"I'm not delicious," Xie Xun gulped down more than half a bowl, with beads of sweat on her nose.

After sniffing Xie Zhen for a while, she curiously leaned over to her, " sis, what's the smell?"

Xie Zhen was puzzled, and followed her to take a smell. "What?"

She finally found the source and put her arms around Xie Zhen's waist. " sis smells good."

"..."

When it got hot, the smell of Xie Zhen's incense seemed to come out of her bones, rising up with the heat, and if someone else came close enough, her nose would be full of her scent.

Normally, it wouldn't be so thick. Perhaps it was really too hot today, so Xie Xun felt that it was rare.

It was already hot, and with the two of them so close together, it was even more unbearable for Xie Zhen.

Holding the porcelain bowl in one hand, she nudged Xie Zhen's head with the other hand, pursing her lips in deliberate disgust. "Go away."

"Your sweat is all over me! "

Xie Xun refused to go, still clinging to her.

The two of them made a ruckus over the bed, and when people from the front yard arrived, Xie Zhen was being held down by Xie Xun to beg for mercy.

Xie Xun rubbed her head against her shoulder. Her eyes curved in a smile. " Ah Xun, if you keep up like this, I'll be mad!"

Unfortunately, her tone was too soft, and there was a hint of laughter in her voice. She did not have any deterrent effect at all.

The nannie from the front courtyard hurriedly rushed over. When she saw this scene, she almost knelt on the ground. "My two little ancestors, why are you two still arguing? The imperial edict has already been passed down!"

The two people on the other side suddenly stopped.

The smile in Xie Zhen's eyes didn't fade in time, and for a moment she didn't know what happened. "What imperial edict?"

The nannie ordered someone to help them up, then called for someone else to inform Madam Leng and Xie Liqing. She stomped her feet anxiously. "This old servant doesn't know either. Please follow this old servant to take a look first. The palace has sent you an imperial edict. You must not neglect it!"

Xie Zhen slowly stopped laughing and sat up from the bed and let Shuang Yu put on Beizi for her.

Not long after, Madam Leng and Xie Liqing walked out from the room. With a grave expression, they led Xie Rong and the two of them towards the front courtyard.

All the way there, Xie Zhen was a little worried. She didn't know if she was overthinking things and felt that the imperial edict seemed to have something to do with her.