46: Requests

There was a long silence between them, and the room was silent.

Xie Zhen was standing a few feet away, and her eyes were wide and moist, with no intention of approaching.

Yan Yu was getting impatient. He didn't have much time left, so he couldn't afford to waste it all on this.

He looked at Xie Zhen. "Are you going to come over or not?"

Xie Zhen shook her head and said easily, "You tell me. I can hear you from here."

Who cared if she heard or not?

Was she standing so far away, afraid that he would eat her?

Yan Yu shook the armrest, stood up abruptly, walked to her, grabbed her hand without any explanation, and pulled her to the side of the chair. "Sit down," he said.

After he finished speaking, he felt the soft and boneless hand in his palm. He couldn't help but squeeze lightly, and she shrank back.

He realized that not only was she younger than him, even her hands were smaller. She hadn't grown for so many years?

Why was everything of hers so small?

After a short time, he finally loosened his grip.

He sat on the square chair beside him and looked towards the cabinet with virid yarns at the entrance. "Don't get close to the crown prince in the future."

Xie Zhen moved silently to the other side of the chair and nodded obediently. "Yeah."

She didn't have any objections to that. She didn't want to have too much contact with the crown prince, especially when she thought of the scented sachet she had embroidered for him. She felt an indescribable awkwardness.

She only hoped that she wouldn't meet him in the future and that she wouldn't live her own life.

Yan Yu's expression eased a little. He coughed and tilted his head, saying, "In another two months, my mansion built in the Beining Street will be completed. If you have anything you want to buy, just tell me. I will have someone prepare it."

Then he thought for a while and added, "I will bring you there to check it. Everything in the mansion can be arranged according to your wishes."

Xie Zhen seemed uninterested and gave a little "oh" sound.

There was nothing more to say.

There was a moment of silence again. Yan Yu pursed his lips and suddenly turned to look at her: "You don't have any requests?"

Xie Zhen didn't think much of it, and for a while she didn't think much about it.

But since he asked, she wanted to answer him sincerely, so she tilted her head and seriously thought for a moment, "Can I put my bed where the morning sun is?"

"I like the sun when I get up in the morning. "

Yan Yu wrote it down in his mind, "Sure."

Her next words completely destroyed his good mood. "How many rooms are there in the mansion?"

"Do I sleep in the side room? "

Yan Yu almost jumped up. He suddenly became angry and asked irritably, "You want to sleep in the side room?"

Xie Zhen was shocked by his sudden change of expression, she leaned back in her chair, keeping as far away from him as possible.

"Then should I sleep in another room?"

She didn't even know what kind of tricks he was playing, how could he suddenly get angry?

Yan Yu's thin lips pursed into a frown, his jaw taut, he spat out word by word, "You want to sleep in a seperate room from mine?"