"You did? I didn't know you were interested in playing volleyball?" I ask.

"I wasn't but I wanted to try something new. When the school year started, baba said to not be afraid to try new things. She said when we're young is the best time to try everything" Eva answers.

"And volleyball is that thing?" I chuckle.

"Just sports in general" she shrugs.

"What about you, Ervin?" I look at him through the rear view mirror.

"Football" he happily shares.

"Football?" My kids seems to be into sports out of nowhere.

"I didn't know that the school has football for little kids?" I question.

"They have everything, mom but I chose football because baba likes watching football so this way she can watch me play too" Ervin smiles.

Ervin is a happy kid. He's also very considerate. He likes doing things that he thinks will make Ryujin and I happy. It's sweet but I also don't want him to make decisions in his life because of us. It should be because it's something he wants.

"Do you like football though? Or are you doing this because your baba likes football?" I know Ryujin doesn't make him or even talked to him about ever joining a football team so this is really a surprise for me.

"They also have soccer but that's more running than football so I'll pass. Baseball is not until spring and that's the one I really want to do."

"But why football? You could just wait for spring for baseball" I say. I don't have anything against football but I don't know if I like the idea of my kid being tackled by other kids.

"It's only flag football for their age group, mom. Don't worry" Eva says to me. She must have noticed my worried expression.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"They don't tackle each other. They'll have flags around their waist and if the other players takes off that flag then the player will be considered down" she explains.

That information brings me relief but if Ervin enjoys this then he might continue this until his older and something about that just worries me. Especially with his personality of being unbothered but sometimes can be careless.

"Are you not happy?" Ervin ask.

"I'm happy, baby. I'm just a bit worried but that's normal because I always worry about the three of you. I want to make sure all of you are happy and safe" I say.

"I'm gonna be okay, mom. I'm strong" Ervin flexes his arm.

"Strong or dumb. You've broken your arm twice. The same arm too" Eva laughs.

"It's not stupid. It's consistency" Ervin argues with her.

Ervin did break his same arm again last year. Not long after the first time it healed. He said he wanted redemption climbing the tree, he did but failed again.

"How was school for you Elias?" I ask the youngest while the other two argue with one another.

"Good. I ate with friends."

Elias just started school this year so he was very excited about it because he hears from his older siblings about school. Just like Ervin, Elias also admires and adores Eva. The two really look up to her. He's also the quietest out of the three. It doesn't mean he's quiet but compare to his siblings, he's pretty quiet.

"Is baba coming home today?" Elias ask.

Ryujin has been gone for a week now for work. She's actually in Canada right now because that's where her client is.