chapter 87

It's the next day now where most of my family arrived. Mr. Shin is arriving today too and Mrs. Shin is pretending not to be excited but you can tell that she is.

The Shin family decided not to visit today though since a lot of people will come and see us. My sister's house is not small but it's also not that big to fit everyone. They have a decent size backyard but it's too cold for people to just hang out there.

Normally, when my family get together, the uncles are in the garage drinking, the aunts are in the kitchen cooking or eating and the cousins are scattered either in the bedrooms or outside or the living room.

Most of my mom's side of the family are here and are catching up with each other. They congratulate me for Ervin but I can tell some of them are judging me for having two kids and I'm not with their father or that I'm unmarried.

Eva and Ervin are either with me, my mom, my sister, John or Travis' parents because they're really the only ones I trust with my kids. Whenever I see someone else hug or pick up my kids, I always keep an eye on them to make sure that they don't do anything with my kids.

Ryujin are with my cousins in the living room because they said they wanted to get to know her. Travis is with them while Karina and I are in the kitchen helping out. I would keep an eye on Ryujin occasionally, not because I don't trust her but because I know some of my cousins are attracted to her.

It wouldn't really be the first time that a cousin steals someone I'm dating. I know deep down, Ryujin is not like those people in my past who would give in to temptation but the idea still scares me, especially having to experience it multiple times.

I love Ryujin and all but I've noticed since we've been together that she's oblivious to people flirting with her. She thinks they're just being nice to her. I don't blame her though, she tends to see the good in people and I admire that about her but it still sucks.

I excuse myself to go use the bathroom then when I finish, one of my cousins is outside the door.

"Hey Yeji" she smiles at me.

I fake a smile, "Hey Jade."

It's not that I don't like Jade. I hate her. Ever since we were kids, she would always harass me. She would always make sure I know that shes better than me.

"You know, I could never do what you do. Getting pregnant twice by the same man you're not even married to or currently dating" she flips her hair and I want to grab it to slam her head against the wall.

"Did you follow me here just to tell me that?" I roll my eyes at her.

"No, I also wanted to share my promotion at work but after knowing that you're working at a warehouse, makes me pity you" She does a fake sad face.

"I feel so bad for you. Kids with no husband, crappy job, you don't have your own place, and you look like a mess. Maybe thats why you can only get a girl to date you because you're not good enough for guys" she continues.

"That girl you're referring to is better than any guy you will probably ever date. Don't ever think about her as someone beneath anyone" I grit my teeth while forming a fist with my hands.

"Woah, defensive now are we? She can't be that great, she's dating you" She chuckles.

"She is that great. She deserves someone better than me and I know that but she loves me so much that she doesn't see it that way. She thinks that she's the lucky one. You wish you could have someone who will love you like how Ryujin loves me" I say with more anger in my voice.

She walks closer to me without breaking eye contact. "Oh my, our little Yeji can talk back now?"  She slaps me and it stings.

I take a deep breath before turning my head back to face her. "Don't forget that you will never be better than me. Don't forget I can take anything I want from you any time. Remember those guys you like? They left you because they thought I was better than you and I can do the same with Ryujin" she slowly says, making sure I hear every word.