chapter 102

It's been a couple of weeks since my sister gave birth then last week, Rosé gave birth to a baby girl, they named her Alyssa.

My sister and I are both super glad that my mom is here to help with the kids. Three kids in one house can be a bit much.

Sadly, this past week, Ryujin and I haven't been talking a lot. I've been busy with helping Karina with her baby along with taking care of Ervin and Eva. Travis is busy finishing up the baby's room.

We haven't even talked on the phone for a few days now. Its not just me though, she's been busy as well. She's helping Lia with any wedding related things and we're actually in the process of building a house as well since we do have a property that her parents gave us.

She's been letting me practically design the house. Choosing furniture, the colors, the design and such. Her main focus is technological things and stuff like that. We're apparently gonna have solar panels and we're gonna have a heated driveway. We're also gonna have geothermal heating, whatever that is. Her and her dad are also building a playground set for the kids.

There is one thing concerning me though since we're not talking. Her and Lia are spending a lot of time together. I know they're best friends but they could develop feelings for each other from spending so much time together.

I trust Ryujin but my brain thinks since I'm not in contact with her all the time then she might forget about me or she will connect with someone else. The only thing really keeping me sane during this long distance is the fact that I know I'll be moving to where she is soon and that we're just waiting for my interview to hopefully get my visa approved.

I'm currently in the living room with my mom and the kids. Karina is taking a nap so my mom is watching TJ. Ervin is in my arms and Eva is sitting on the floor playing with her toys.

"Yeji, I'm happy for you" my mom suddenly say to me.

"What?" I look at her.

"So many things are happening for you and they're actually good things. I've actually always admired how courageous and independent you are. You were able to provide for yourself the moment you left home. I know it wasn't easy and I'm sorry I couldn't help you financially but I'm so proud of you, Yeji" my mom tells me while she looks at TJ sleeping in her arms.

"Why so sudden?" I ask.

"I was just thinking. Karina has a baby now too. You're moving to a different country. So many changes going on and I look back to the old days only to realize I could have done better for you and your sister" she sighs.

"Your dad and I shouldn't have been so vocal during our divorce. We should have kept you two out of it. I should have paid attention more. I should have listened more. I just should have done more. I've watched you be a mother to Eva and you always put her first. That's something I wish I did as your mother."

"Mom—"

"I'm sorry, Yeji" she finally looks at me with tears flowing down her face.

"Mom, don't cry. I know you did your best. Yes I was mad at you because I did feel like I was neglected at times but I forgave you a long time ago. Also, I'm sure you were struggling back then. I don't know what you were going through with dad but I'm sure it wasn't easy. Ryujin once told me that people react based off their emotions and the outcome isn't always good. It doesn't mean that we should let people get away with things, they still need to be held accountable but it makes a difference when you know someone is trying to understand you" I pause.

"What I'm trying to say is that I understand you, mom. Going through a divorce while trying to raise kids and trying to find yourself again in the process was very hard. You probably didn't know how to handle it and I'm sure you were trying your best to juggle everything in your head and in your heart. Karina and I turned out fine so you shouldn't keep thinking that you could have done more. She's happy and I'm happy" I say to her.