chapter 99

Were at my sister's house now. Its been a few days since we've been back. New year's has passed. Nothing special really happened. After that visit, I do feel like that part of my life is really over. I was able to face Dana and tell him how I feel. I'm happy that I was able to stand up for myself.

I really hope that I won't see him ever again. He clearly doesn't care enough about his kids to try to make contact. If he did then he would have filed to get rights but he hasn't. I'm not complaining, it's just hard to believe that someone can forget their kids like that.

Right now, Ryujin is busy helping Travis for his and Karina's baby. She did promise go help him so she has no choice. I do admire that Ryujin is good with her hands.

We have a date later but it's not like a romantic date. She's leaving tomorrow and she wants to file my fiancé visa so she says we should fill it out together to make sure all my information is correct.

Karina and Travis were kind enough to offer to watch the kids while we do that. Once that paper is turned in and gets approved, I really will start my life with Ryujin soon in the states.

The thought makes me nervous but I'm also excited. I'm sad too, thinking about being away from my sister but I remember that before this, I was living far from her anyways.

I hear a loud crash and Travis yelling Ryujin's name. I panic and quickly run towards where they're working.

Karina does the same and we meet at the door. We look inside and Ryujin is on the ground. "What happened?" I say, feeling scared but it goes away when I see that Ryujin is laughing.

"What happened?" My sister is now asking.

Ryujin is laughing hard so she's not answering so we look at Travis.

"I bumped my head on the ladder, causing all the stuff on it to fall then I sneezed and farted. I guess she finds it really hilarious" Travis sarcastically say.

"It was like a comedic show" Ryujin finally stands up.

"You scared me. I thought something happened to you" I say.

"I'm sorry, love" she smiles at me and I smile back.

I look around and the room looks nice.

"Do you have to leave tomorrow? You're so helpful around here" Karina pouts.

"I'm still here. I can help too" Travis says.

"I know but I have to ask you like three times before you do it."

"I do. I really need to get back. My grandpa is already asking for me. He thinks I'm at my aunt's this whole time" Ryujin says.

"Why doesn't your grandpa know about Yeji? Are you ashamed of my sister?" Karina goes into her sister mode.

"No. When you guys visited, I just didn't want Yeji to feel uncomfortable since she was still new with the same sex relationship. I didn't want another reason for her to push me away. And I still haven't told him because I want to make sure Yeji is ready before I do it" she explains.

"Once I tell him, he's gonna want to meet her and he might say some stupid stuff. Like I told Yeji before, he rarely acknowledges Lisa as Rosé wife. He won't be mean or anything but sometimes he makes comments that could hurt someone's feelings" Ryujin continues to talk about her grandpa.

"And you're still close with your grandpa even if he's the way he is?" Travis ask.

"I guess, yea. He doesn't treat Lisa badly, or any of us badly. He just makes inappropriate comments at times and I didn't want Yeji to experience that early on. Of course if he says something about Yeji, I'll correct him. He's actually the one that taught me how to become a handy person. He told my sisters and I that we better not rely on a man to fix things around the house so we should learn to work with tools and such—"