chapter 98

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I hear Dana's voice. My eyes widen and I rush out the door as quickly as possible.

I make it to the living room and I see Dana punch Ryujin in the face.

"Dana!" Kiri yells.

"Ryujin!" I yell.

I shouldn't have brought Eva with me to the living room but I couldn't think properly. Eva sees Ryujin get hit and she starts crying.

"Dada!" Eva cries out.

Dana turns around and frowns right away when he sees Eva looking at Ryujin and not him.

"She's Dada? Are you fucking kidding me?" Dana scoffs.

I ignore him and I walk towards Ryujin. Eva wants to be held by Ryujin so I hand her over.

"Dada, hurt?" Eva looks at Ryujin's reddening cheeks.

"I'm okay" Ryujin smiles.

I check out Ryujin's cheek too but she gives me a reassuring smile that she's okay.

"Eva, that's not Dada. I'm Dada" Dana walks to us but Eva wraps her arms tightly around Ryujin's neck and hides her face on her shoulder.

Dana now looks at me, "You did this. My own daughter doesn't even know me."

I don't answer because there's no point. No matter what I say, he won't listen.

"Let's go?" Ryujin ask and I just nod.

"Yeji, you can't take away my daughter like this" Dana pleads.

"How did you even know they're here?" Kiri ask.

"Jared told me he saw Yeji then it clicked to me why you kept making sure that I'm not coming over today" he explains.

"Wow, you actually put two things together in your head" Ryujin says in a low voice but we all heard it.

"Ahh. I didn't mean to say that out loud. I'm not gonna apologize for what I said but good job" Ryujin smiles.

"You're lucky that you're holding Eva or I would punch you right now" he flares his nostrils, trying to control himself.

"Is your answer to everything violence? Does it make you feel good to hit someone who won't fight back?" Ryujin stays calm.

I'm not sure how she stays so calm even after she was already hit. She never really showed anger.

"We're leaving" I say.

I try to walk past him but he grabs my arm.

"Dana, you're hurting me" I say.

"You really think I'd let you go this easy? Yeji, don't you miss me at all? Did our time together really meant nothing to you?" He looks down but he's still holding on to me.

"Let her go" I hear Ryujin's cold voice.

"Or what?" Dana mocks.

Ryujin closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. "Let's talk. We're all adults. Let's sit down and talk" she says.

Surprisingly that calmed Dana and he let my arm go. "Fine" he says, walking to the couch. He sits and he looks at us, expecting us to have a seat as well.

"I really don't think Eva should be involved in this" Ryujin hugs Eva tighter because she's still crying.

"I'll take her" Kiri offers. I'm not really sure if I should trust it.

"Eva, do you want to go with Aunt Kiri?" I ask, trying to see her face but she has it buried on Ryujin's shoulder.

She shakes her head and clings on to Ryujin.