chapter 140

A few months had passed and not much changed in the house after the adoption since we were already a family. We also started looking into registering Eva to start school now. It's bittersweet for me since she's my first born and it's crazy how fast time flies that she will be starting school soon.

I know there's a school in the district we live in but I want to check out other schools nearby to make sure she goes to the best one.

"Are you excited to start school?" Yuna ask Eva.

"I think so. Gabe seems to have fun with his friends at school. He always tells me stories of something his friend did" Eva answers.

"Early schooling is fun but once you get up there then not so much" Yuna claims.

"Yuna, don't try to discourage her" Mrs. Shin tells her daughter.

"How are your classes going anyways?" Mrs. Shin changes the topic.

"It's okay. The professors suck and can't teach shit" Yuna complains.

"Eva, don't copy what Auntie Yuna says, okay?" I tell my daughter since Yuna can't seem to control her mouth.

"Sorry Eva. Auntie Yuna is a bad influence" she says with pride.

Mrs. Shin and Yuna kept me company to go see other schools. Ervin is with Mr. Shin since he said it's time to have boys time since they're outnumbered by girls.

Ryujin is at work so she couldn't join me but she's familiar with all of the schools we visited.

"Why are you even here?" Mrs. Shin ask since it was supposed to be just her coming with me but Yuna decided to tag along. It's been a fun day but I'm glad that we're heading home now.

Yuna pretends to be hurt, "How can you say something so harsh to your youngest daughter?"

"Why are all my daughters so dramatic?" Mrs. Shin sighs.

"Mommy, can we get McDonald's?" Eva ask.

"Why? You don't like that place" I curiously ask. She really doesn't like that place. She prefers Wendy's.

The older Wendy's sign used to say 'Quality is our recipe' and Eva even made a comment saying she wishes McDonald's would add quality to their recipe so I'm really curious why McDonald's all of a sudden.

"So we can bring back some for Ervin and Gabe since they like McDonald's" she answers.

"What about you?" Yuna ask.

"It's okay. I can have Wendy's some other time" she starts playing with her rock. To her what she just said might not mean much but to us it's really sweet.

"How did my granddaughter become so considerate" Mrs. Shin pinches her cheek.

"What's considerate?" Eva ask.

"Your thoughtful of others or pay attention to them so you know what they like and don't like and sometimes do what you just did. You give up what you like so the others can have what they like" Mrs. Shin explains.

"Like mommy and Ryuda?" I look in the rearview mirror and I see her tilting her head, waiting for an answer.

"Yes. They love and care for each other a lot so they are always considerate of one another" Mrs. Shin smiles.

"Does that mean Ervin doesn't love me?" Eva becomes sad.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

"Because sometimes he's not considerate with me. He always wants to do what he wants" she sighs.