chapter 154

Today, it's just Ryujin and I at home, alone. The Shin's decided to take the kids shopping today. They invited us to go with them but Ryujin just wanted to stay home and relax.

This has been her only day off for the past few weeks since they're behind at work.

"Ryujin, what are you watching?" I chuckle as I come down the stairs and I see her watching people cut wood on TV.

"Did you know this is a thing? Lumberjack sports?" She seems very excited while pointing at the TV.

I sit down next to her, "Out of all the things you can watch, this is what you chose?"

"I was on my phone and I saw this video. I thought it was pretty interesting so I started watching it and next thing I know I'm watching old events" she answers.

She starts showing me the different events lumberjack sports have. She's even excited to talk about how big the chainsaws are, how clean they can chop wood, and how efficient they have to be because some parts you can't cross certain lines while cutting the wood.

I've never seen anyone be so excited watching something like this.

"Look at that" she points at the TV again, "That's a post with a giant log at the top. They have to create notches on the post so they can wedge their platform thing and climb. Then once they get to the top they have to chop that log in half. Imagine having to do that. I'd fall and probably break my neck on the spot."

"You're really invested in this, huh?" I chuckle.

"Did you want to watch something else? These are just old videos I found on YouTube so we can watch something different?" She ask using her sweet voice.

"No, this is perfectly fine. As long as you're enjoying it then I'm good" I cuddle myself into her arms while tucking my feet from under me.

"Are you sure?" She ask.

"Mhm" I get myself comfortable while watching the TV.

"So do you wanna try doing lumberjack sports now?" I ask.

"Maybe, just for fun. We do have a lot of wood lying around. Travis might be interested. I thought about Chaeryeong at first but I feel like she'll use her bad stamina excuse to stop me from me asking" she chuckles.

"Why not me?" I pretend to be sad.

Her voice changes like she actually feels bad, "I'm sorry, did you want to?"

"No but I'd still appreciate being asked" I continue to pretend.

She tries to see my face but I maintain my position. Once she realizes that she can't get me to move, she just squeezes me tighter.

"I'm sorry for not asking."

I start to feel bad because I think she thinks I'm actually sad that she didn't ask me first. I finally pull away enough so she can see my face.

"I'm only kidding, babe" I say to her.

She smiles and kisses me on the lips. "What do you wanna do today?" She ask.

"I thought this is what were doing today" I refer to watching lumberjack sports.

"Do you actually like watching it? It's not fair to make you sit through this if you're not interested" she says.

"Ryujin, I'm sure you do so much for me that you don't find interesting but you still do it. I'm okay with sitting here with you. I love just being next to you" I say.

I lay my head on her so I'm facing the TV again.

"You're still in love with me huh? Even after all these years" I know she's teasing but it's true.