21.

Recap
    Just as she was about to reply, the door of the gymnasium slammed open, and voice echoed through out the room. "Kaiya! I'm here to save you from, the- these monsters!" As heads snapped towards the voice, all that was to be seen, was a tall figure surrounded by light. "I won't let you be tainted by their idiocy!" The unknown figure yelled.

Present

   "Oh you poor soul! How did you manage to deal with these savages for so long?" The voice wailed, as they carefully caressed the brunettes head that was rested against their chest.

    "I don't mean to be mean or anything, but what the hell are you doing here?" Kaiya questioned in annoyance. She pushed herself alway from the figure in hopes to get away. "Like seriously. Why are you here?" She glared at them.

     "Well, I came to save you of course!" They smiled with pride, as if they had just won a Nobel Prize. "I couldn't leave my dearest Kaiya-chan with," he paused as he sent a glare towards the two shortest players of the team, "them." He exclaimed with disgust clear in his voice.

     "As much as I appreciate your efforts-" The boy let out an obnoxious cough, "sorry. I appreciate you saving me." She said in annoyance, as she mimicked the boy. "However, where is Iwa? I get that I was supposed to meet with you and the team a while ago, but I don't think he would've left you alone."

      He looked at the younger girl in offence. "What? You think I can't take care of myself? I'll let you know-" Just as the brunette boy was about to finish his explanation, he was abruptly cut off.

      "Shittykawa!" The boy flinched in fear as the angry voice yelled. "You piece of shit! I told you to leave her alone! She was with friends."

      "She was going to be tainted by them Iwa-Chan!" He yelled in utter despair. "Ow Iwa, what was that for?" He asked rubbing the back of his head, that was aching in pain. 

     "We're you not listening? I told you to leave Kaiya alone! And what do you do? You go and bother her!"

     "That doesn't mean you have to hit me! You're being mean!" As the bickering continued, Kaiya silently bowed towards Coach Ukai in apology.

     "I'm sorry about them. It's my fault they're here." She winced.

     "You're good kid." He smiled, in appreciation. "Hey, come back. Ya? I enjoyed havin' ya around."

     "I will. Now, if you excuse me. I have to go deal with the children. Thank you again for letting me join the practice today." She smiled back. "Good bye. Thank you for having me." Kaiya bowed towards the team in thanks as an echo of thank you's we're shouted back in reply.

     However before she could leave towards the pair of boys a voice stopped her. "Are you sure you're okay Kai? Do I need to beat someone up?" Nishinoya questioned her in worry.

    "I swear Yū I'm fine, I'll see you later." She shook her head and smiled at the boy. However, as soon as she turned around the smile was quickly wiped off of her face. "You idiots. What are you doing here?" She whispered angrily at the two males, as she drug them out of the gymnasium by their ears.

    "Kaiya don't be mad! I was saving you, you could've been corrupted by them! Did you not see what they did to me! Huh? I could have been killed!" Oikawa screeched at the girl.