I chuckled, playing with my fingers. She cupped my cheeks, placing a kiss on my forehead. "You are so beautiful Selina. Remember what I said about your divine feminine energy? Men are foolish creatures, and it's so easy to make them weak. It's all about the eyes,"

"Mom, that's easy for you when you have green eyes," I mumbled, under my breath. She grabbed a comb from my bedside table and began combing my hair. "Not the eye color, the eye shape. You have siren eyes, they're every seductive,"

A minute passed between us where we didn't say anything. We were just spending the time enjoying each other's company.

"If you do choose to see him," Mom said, breaking the silence. "Bring him to his knees, Selina,"

I spent the next few days building my confidence back up again

I spent the next few days building my confidence back up again. Mom was right, I needed to take control back. I didn't want to feel helpless anymore. I was the prize, not Ricardo.

I agreed to meet with him at The Sahara Club because I was able to get my booze, smoke my weed, and hear him speak. Wearing the most revealing dress in my closet, I find myself seated at a booth upstairs. There was a party downstairs and all the guests were dressed as mermaids.

"Right cause nothing says sexy like fish," I whispered, taking another puff of my blunt. No one could recognize me because I was wearing sunglasses and my hair was tied into a bun. Obviously, people gave me weird looks for wearing sunglasses inside and at night but I didn't give a shot.

Just then, Ricardo walked up the stairs, his dark eyes scrumming through until they find mine. He's wearing a white dress shirt and the ends are rolled up, exposing his tattooed forearms. His brown hair is gelled back and through his shirt, I can see his muscles. I can't lie and say that he doesn't look good, but I need to stay strong.

Remember what I said about your divine feminine energy? Men are foolish creatures, and it's so easy to make them weak.

I leaned back in the booth, crossing my legs and sipping on my drink, slowly. With my finger, I gesture for him to come over and he followed. "Selina,"

"Ricardo," I said, matching his tone. He looked at the booth, his tongue swiping across his bottom lip. "Can I sit?"

"No,"

He nodded, his eyebrows furrowed together. He seemed confused, confused because he thought he would have the power. But little did he know my mother taught some sense into me, and I was the one with the upper hand—how it should have always been.

"Now, what do you want?" I asked, keeping my eyes trained on the blunt in my hand.

"I don't have much time before Anisa finds out I've left the house. I want to explain," As he took a step closer to me, I placed my heel into his chest, blocking him from coming any closer.