Life Decisions

The past month and a half waiting for Leati to get better was the longest time in her life. She held her babies and explains that daddy is sick but he will be fine. The kids often found themselves crying themselves to sleep.
Jordyn sat by Leati's bedside as she filled out the paperwork for the final decision on Leati.

The next morning a miracle happened as Leati brain activity started back. The nurse woke her up with the good news. Nurse Jones, "Now, we're not saying nothing set and stone but there is hope. And to be honest there was always hope. He's such a fighter."
Jordyn, "He has to fight. His babies need him."
Nurse Jones, "On Mr. Leati's paperwork, it say he's divorced."
Jordyn, "Yeah I'm his ex-wife."
Nurse Jones, "Seems like you're still there."
Jordyn, "He has nobody. His mother haven't showed up but that witch was the main one---Nevermind, sorry. Don't want to start a venting session. Thanks so much."
Nurse Jones, "Hey, I had just been informed someone tried to cash in Leati's living will and insurance policy."
Jordyn, "WHAT?!"
Nurse Jones, "The doctor will be in here soon or he'll be in his office in thirty minutes."
Jordyn sat there with her head in her hands and in walks Leati's mother dressed in new clothes and bag.
Lisa, "You look like hell."
Jordyn, "You tried to cash in his living will?"
Lisa, "He's incapable."
Jordyn, "You haven't even came to see him this whole entire time and now you wanna cash in his living will. You know what go ahead and try."
Lisa, "Oh I will. And another thing, his home will be up for sale tomorrow so if there is anything in it that you or the kids want than you should go and get it."

A week later Leati's home was sold alongwith most of his vehicles and the rest was shipped to Samoa for the family to use but Jordyn remained right there. Honestly her mind wasn't on the material stuff. She just needed the father of her children to be okay. The doctor gave Jordyn great news on Leati's approval. Another week goes by and Leati body starts leveling out but he still hasn't opened his eyes. Jordyn paced the floor with the anticipation for Leati to wake up. As Leati remained in the coma, a psychologist kept track of his the brain activity. The next morning Leati opened his eyes as Jordyn was holding his hand.
Leati grunts in pain.
Jordyn, "OH MY GOSH! YOU'RE AWAKE."
Leati, "Shh."
Jordyn gets Leati some water.
Jordyn, "How do you feel?"
Leati, "Like hell."
Jordyn, "It's just temporarily. I just want you to rest and think positive. You will be fine. I've been right here no matter what."
Leati tries to move.
Jordyn, "Stay still. The monitors will start going off if you keep moving."
Leati, "Baby I'm so sorry for everything. I know that I have burden you with a lot by not being myself."
Jordyn, "Shhh. It's okay. I get it now. Rest please."
Leati, "I love you."
Leati starts to rest when the monitors start going crazy and Leati has a seizure. They push Jordyn out of the room and doctors break out the defibrillator as Leati flatlines.

The next morning Jordyn sat at her kitchen island opening the white certified envelope as her lawyer calls.
Lawyer, "Seems like the judge never got around to filing your divorce in the system, finalizing things. You're still married."

Two Months Later...
Jordyn watched as he gets lowered into the ground. He just couldn't fight anymore. He suffered but he was called on. He had so much life to go but life took its course. Isn't life funny sometimes.