three.

The next day, Oliver got ready for college, however, he was frustrated that he had no idea what to wear. He'd never had that problem before. But, that was before Elliot Hudson. Before his heart took over his mind. Then again, what was the point in making an effort to look good when the person he was trying to impress was as straight as an arrow? Regardless, Oliver put on some black, skinny jeans and a grey hoodie (an outfit that Oliver would always seem to be sporting) and brushed his hair, fluffed it up, and set off for college. 

At 8 o'clock on a Tuesday morning, the bus was unusually busy; filled with old people venturing into Lynsingdon town centre ready for the market to open. Oliver loved seeing the older people out and about as he always tried to imagine what their lives had been like. What things had they overcome, have they loved, have they lost? He especially loved seeing old married couples together, when they'd squabble and bicker and cuddle and snuggle. That just melted his heart. 

Although, that did make him feel incredibly lonely. He knew the chance that he would be able to be with someone like that was small, in fact, it was almost minute. Impossible. But, he'd accepted that long ago.

So, he'd admire those adorable old people from afar, silently sending them his love as he would sit with his hands in his lap, bouncing his leg up and down, willing to get off the bus. It was the young people, though. Those around his age that he hated being in close proximity to. It wasn't intimidation really, it was more of the fact that they were absolute twats.

Once Oliver got off the bus in town, he noticed the time was only 8:20am and Grace's bus wouldn't be in for another 15 minutes. He decided to walk out of the bus station and cross the road to Lynsingdon bakery to get a breakfast sandwich. As he stood in the queue, the distinct feeling that someone was looking at him washed over his body. He turned his head around slightly and discreetly to see who was behind him and his heart nearly lept out of his chest. It was Elliot. Mr Hudson. 

"Good morning, Oliver," He said, moving to stand next to him in the queue.

"Morning, sir." Oliver's heart almost burst out of his chest. His throat almost closed in a rush of anxiety. What was he doing here?

"Ugh, don't call me sir. I'm not that much older than you, Oliver. Please, I beg you, call me Elliot." His voice was still as harmonious that early in the morning. It vibrated every bone in Oliver's body causing him to suppress a shiver. 

"I'm sorry, keep forgetting. I'm not used to it. Also, my brain isn't working yet, I need some food," Oliver said, already embarrassed and annoyed at himself for forgetting again. How hard was it to just call him Elliot?

"Don't worry about it, mate. Here, what are you having? It's on me," he pointed to the counter as there was only one person in front of them now.

"Are you sure?" Surely he couldn't buy him breakfast? Surely that was...wrong?

"Yeah, now tell me otherwise I'll just guess and you'll have to eat whatever it is I get you." Elliot chuckled as he began getting his wallet out.

"As long as you're sure, could I have a sausage sandwich please?" he felt so timid yet so excited that he was in such close proximity to Elliot. He could smell his aftershave and it was almost intoxicating. He could smell a hint of vanilla radiating off him. It was Oliver's favourite scent. 

"Of course." And then Elliot ordered a sausage sandwich for Oliver and breakfast wrap and a jam donut for himself. 

"Thank you, Elliot. Are you sure you don't want me to pay you back?" Oliver hated being in anyone's bad books so if he had to ask a million times to be sure, then he would. Even then, he would ask a million more.