With a flexed jaw, I grab her wrist and moved her hand off me. "You're not supposed to be here,"

"Why? Is it because you didn't want me to see what you've been working on? It's impressive how you've pulled this off in a couple of months, Ricky," Anisa sat down at the bar, her eyes traveling around.

"No," I said. "You're not supposed to be here in America,"

"But America is so much more fun," She frowned, her eyebrows furrowing together. Looking down at my drink, my grip tightened around the glass to the point where my knuckles turn white.

"Don't tell me you're still upset. You gave me everything I needed. All I had to do was press record,"

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she threw her head back in victory. "Speaking of which, you should really get curtains for your livingroom,"

"You don't have to do this Anisa. I'll give you what you want, just leave her out of this,"

Her smile turned into a frown, and a suffocating silence surrounded us. Finally, she cleared her throat. "You know she'll never like you the way you like her. The second she learns about your past—what you've done, she'll run the other direction and you'll come crawling back to me like you've done before,"

I said nothing, yet fire burned through my body.

"Tell me. Do you still have nightmares about the people you've killed? How many were there? 50?" She asked, pulling my cigarette out of my lips and putting it between hers. "100?"

"Shut your fucking mouth," I told her, grabbing my cigarette back. My voice was calm. Even though I was fucking upset, I needed to compose myself. This wasn't the place to start an argument.

"You should be thanking me. I'm protecting her because now, she can't get close enough to you to realize how fucked up you truly are," She said, looking down at her manicured nails.

My jaw clenched, and I took another puff just to calm my nerves while closing my eyes. "You know I'm fucked up so why do you still want me?"

She placed her hands on my cheek, pulling me closer as her eyes fell to my lips. "Because you loved me. I don't want that to end,"

"That wasn't love Anisa. We were breaking up every five seconds,"

"You think you have love with her? She's out fucking with Jack Harlow, the American Rapper. Did you think you meant something to her? She's a famous singer, what does she have in common with a foreign mechanic?"

Anisa smirked to herself, letting go of my face. "What does she have in common with a killer?"

"I'm not a killer," I muttered, my mind traveling back to the past.

She only frowned, tilting her head to the side. "But you are. What did your father use to say again? Oh yes, La pelea no terminó hasta que el oponente fue muerto,"

(The fight wasn't over unless the opponent was dead)

"I know all your dirty little secrets. That's why you're better off with me and you know it. You're better off leaving her innocent soul alone,"

"But it's not like you have a choice anyway," She giggled, pulling out a flash drive from her leather jacket. I wanted nothing more than to break it under my feet, crushing the video. It was fucking ridiculous how one thing had so much power over me. Anisa was sleeping in my guest bedroom but I had no choice. If I didn't comply to her wishes, she was going to release the tape.

"After all, I have the one thing that can ruin her career,"