Suspects Revealed

Start from the beginning

Armin gasped in shock, "But we know for a fact that there are Titans on this side of Wall Rose."

"Oh, C'mon." Eren waved Hannes off, "How much have you had to drink, seriously?" The sarcastic comment earning a snort of laughter from Kain.

"Why you little!--" Hannes started in annoyance, before a look of realisation crossed his features, "Hold on, wait a second. What the hell are you kids even doing here?"

The question causing Eren, Mikasa and Armin's eyes to widen. Just then, a strong chilled breeze blew through the air. Everyone's hair fluttering with the wind. A tattered red flag suddenly changed direction, now flowing opposite to how it had been before. And maybe it was a metaphor from the above. That the course of battle had switched, that something unexpected was on its way. Whatever it was, the air suddenly felt tense and suffocating.

Hange turned around, rubbing her chin with her thumb and index finger, "If there's no breach,..." She trailed off, thinking over what the appropriate course of action would be, "then I guess we have to change tactics. We head back to Trost immediately." She orderd and straight away the soldiers began dispersing to carry out the Section Commanders orders.

Hange and Miblit began walking away with the rest of her squad behind them. But Kain found his feet rooted to the ground, there was a certain feeling to the air. Something tense. And his crimson eyes had unconsciously narrowed on the suspicious faces of Reiner and Bertholdt.

"You'd be smart to keep your guard up. We'll go on ahead of you." Hannes commented to the group of kids before jumping off the Wall with his ODM gear.

Kain spoke lowly, it was meant to be a comment to himself, but the others heard his cryptic message, "Yeah. It seems the enemy is already planning something." Taking subtle glances at the 2 suspected shifters.

Mikasa sent the man a knowing glance, whilst Eren and Armin seemed lost in their thoughts. "How can there be nothing wrong with the Wall?" Eren breathed out in shock, his teal eyes wide open.

"Excellent question." Armin commented as he, Sasha and Mikasa began walking away. Kain slowly behind them but keeping his eyes subtly focused on Eren who was lagging behind. "Nothing like this has happened in 5 years. Why now all of a sudden?" Armin questioned openly, rubbing his chin in deep thought.

"Feels like everything's spiraling out of control." Sasha commented in agreeance.

"Eren." Reiner called out to Eren as the others behan walking away, "We should talk. You got a moment?"

"Sure, I guess." Eren stopped to talk with Reiner and Bertholdt.

"5 years ago, we compromised Wall Maria and launched an attack on humanity." Kain was just able to catch Reiner's words, but they were muffled.

So he used his demonic hearing to listen in closer. But firstly he caught Hange and Moblit rambling, "Oh no. What if there's a species of Titan we haven't seen yet that knows how to dig?" Hange asked.

But Moblit thought it over, "Ugh. That would definitely make their entry point hard to find."

Kain closed his eyes, furrowing his brows as he tried to tune out the unnecessary conversations and pick out the important ones. His ears straining as he worked on controlling his demonic abilities. That was until he heard the line that made him stop in his tracks, his eyes fluttering open and heart skip a beat in both shock and excitement.

"I'm the Armoured Titan. He's the Collasal."

Kain smirked, his hand reaching out to grab the arm of the person closest to him: Mikasa.

"We can hypothesise later. Our first concern is Ymir."

"Titans being a close second, even with the horses." Hange and Moblits voices drowning out as he was finally able to focus on the 3 Titan Shifters 10 feet behind them.

Mikasa stopped when she felt Kain's arm grab hers. Her brows furrowing before she glanced behind them to see Eren talking in hushed whispers to Reiner and Bertholdt.

She hadn't heard it directly from them, but she knew from the gleeful glint in Kain's eyes as he cast undetected stares at the the blonde and brunette, that they had admitted to being Titans. Her fingers immediately reaching for the hilt of her blades as they itched on the triggers.

This was it. This was the change in the wind. And now, the secret was out. Reiner and Bertholdt were the Armoured and Collasal Titans. The ones who broke a hole through Shiganshina District and left Wall Maria obstructed. The ones responsible for almost half of humanity being wiped out.

And now they'd pay for it.

~•~