The Struggle for Trost

After gathering their horses and riding for Wall Rose, the Elite Squad used their omni-directional mobility gear to quickly scale the wall.

The entire trip, Kain couldn't help but express his excitement to "kill those ugly bastards" which caused everyone to chuckle. Despite being 23, Kain was more like a child than most his age. Deadly. But still like a child.

Landing ontop of Wall Rose with a small thud, the Elite Squad were just in time to hear the commotion coming from a large group of soldiers gathered at the top of the wall.

A short cadet with bright blonde hair and ocean blue eyes had just ran from the group, a panicked expression playing on his innocent features.

"Commander, I recommend we revert back to defending the gate. Just give the word sir." A man with tawny brown hair and a matching moustache spoke.

Next to him, stood a man with a shiny bald head. A rose red sash with a gold trim was draped across his shoulder and diagonally over his back and torso. He stood proudly with his hands firmly clasped behind his back. Commander Dot Pixis.

"Denied." Pixis immediately fired back. His eyes never leaving the mayhem before him. The city of Trost was in ruins. Houses torn down and caved in. Blood and bodies splattered everywhere. Apart from the few loose stragglers, all the titans were coerced in a corner of the city. Hundreds of soldiers were beckoning them over, keeping them away from the centre of the city.

What is happening that's so important that you need to keep the titans distracted? Arden thought as she assessed the situation before her.

"Sir, shall I order a retreat?" A soldier asked.

"Absolutely not." Pixis commanded. "Continue luring the enemy to the edge of town. The Elite Squad is well helmed. They have leave to make their own decisions." This made Arden raise a brow. "We proceed as planned. This was an all or nothing proposition, I will allow those at the Vanguard to determine if and when we deviate. We are not in a position to deliver a verdict of defeat. But, we are in a position to fight to the last breath. Its humanities debt. Its what we owe the fallen."

Classic Pixis. Never giving in until the fight is done and over. Many may not agree with his methods, but he knows how to get the job done.

"Commander Pixis." Arden finally spoke out, gaining the attention of the man himself along with the group of soldiers who immediately began whispering amongst themselves.

Pixis seemed pleased to see Arden and her squad as he smiled before hurriedly walking over to them.

"It seems you've given away the name of our squad." Arden spoke calmly, her face giving away no emotion as Pixis tried to determine whether or not she felt offended.

Not finding anything but her blank stare, he gave up trying to read her, "Yes. Though only temporarily. I can appreciate that your squad is already housing that name. But that's not the issue at stake here."

Tobias timidly spoke up, finding it difficult to hold any sort of eye contact with Commander Pixis. "Y-you are luring the titans to the far edge of the city, what's going on?"

"We have found an extraordinary boy amongst the 104th cadets Corps, named Eren Jeager. A boy who can fabricate the body of a Titan and weild it at will." Pixis watched as everyone but Arden gasped in shock. His brow rose when he saw that she was still unfazed by the impossible news. Pixis continued,"He is currently under the protection of an elite team of soldiers. We believe that he can lift the giant boulder using his Titan strength and use it to seal the hole in the wall."