Chapter 8

Y/N (Maddison) POV

I walked around the island, looking for my target. It was one of the brothers, 197. I was pretty sure these three would stick together.
I trust in my abilities, but it'll be hard to find someone on a big island.

Currently I was sitting near a river diggin my feet into the cold shining water. It was kind off boring, until yet I wasn't really able to fight. I really wanted to fight..

I hummed silently to myself while moving my legs slightly in the water, and touching some stones. The sun was burning down against my skin. And the bird chirping in rythm together, onto my humming.

Sadly, whoever 197 is, the oldest or the youngest. They won't be a challenge for me.
But I'll still be glad to fight. At least it's something, I guess.

I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say
'Cause we don't want your broken parts
I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
Run away, they say
No one'll love you as you are

But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh

Another round of bullets hits my skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
We are bursting through the barricades and
Reaching for the sun
Yeah, that's what we've become

I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is me

and I know that I deserve your love
there's nothing I'm not worthy of
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
This is brave, this is bruised
This is who I'm meant to be, this is me

Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out
Gonna drown 'em out
Oh
This is me

I sang to myself, out of boredome. It's one of my favourite songs. 'This is me' I just see myself in this and can totally understand it's  purpose..

"Such a beautiful voice you have.." Someone behind me said. Sh*t, I was so distracted by singing, that I haven't paid attention to my surroundings. Luckily it was only Illumi when I turned around.

Well, more like Gitterakur since he had changed his appereance. Letting out a sight.
"It's only you..." I mumbled standing up.
"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting your tag?" I asked, slipping in my shoes.

"I just came by.." he answered and took out his pins, since he surely was uncomfortable.
I loved his hair, and you could say we are something like friends. But he likes to call it 'allies'.

"Alrighty~" I said taking out my cards and started building some kind of tower.
"Sooo~ why are you taking the exam, Illu?~" I asked seeing he had sat down in front of me.

"Mostly to watch over Kil, but also need it for a mission..." he said while played with some of his needles. He always does that when he's nervous. I wonder what's up with him??

I have a bad feeling it has something to do with Killua.. I know he thinks this is the only way to protect him, but.. I'm not so sure about that. Especially since I've gone throught the same training as Kil.
The only difrence is that Hisoka doesn't have so mich control over me, you could say we're equals. But he respects me and I'm allowed to have friends.

"I have a feeling your going to do something stupid dear Illu~" I said, going over to him.
I may act like my brother at some point, but most of the time we are very difficult from each other. He likes to do most of things alone, and I prefer to have a partner or someone who's with me.

I know he is used from me doing this, so he let it happen and I hugged him. He's like my second brother, and I have a feeling Hisoka would like him to be~
Suprisingly Illumi hugged me back this time, seems like something really bothered him..

"You okay Illu..?" I asked, worried and more serious than before. He nodded but never let go of the hug, same with me.

Hisoka POV

I saw Illumi and this random girl at the river, they seem close.. I don't know why but it became so hard to control my bloodlust in situations like this. I knew I was jealous, but I would never admit that. At first I didn't even admit it to myself... and this girl? She's the one who bumped into me, and he also visited her during the second exam. But she was so young... and important she knew his real identity... I quietly walked away wanting to kill..

A/N:
Bit of jelly Hiso~ 'cause why not.
So, just statement, what I wrote before made it sound like a Y/N x Pika fanfic.
Just so you know, it's not- I'm sorry 'bout that!

Author-chan