"Morning," you sung out, turning to face him with a small smile of your own. That was when his smile dropped.

"What happened to you?" He asked, his eyes stuck to the abrasion on your lip like glue.

'Well he didn't waste any time...' you mentally sighed.

"Kind of a funny story..." you faked a laugh, shutting your eyes to force a smile. When you opened your eyes again you saw Rindou with a thoroughly unimpressed look on his face, a serious one you hasn't seen before. "I uhh— I'm pretty clumsy and when I got out of the shower last night I slipped and slid straight into the bathroom sink." you say anxiously scratching the back of your neck. 

"The sink did that?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"It could have been worse, I'm glad I managed to catch myself before I fell over entirely or I could have knocked some teeth out, knowing my luck," you forced a giggle.

"Are you okay?" He asks cautiously.

"Of course! A bit of a bruised ego but I'll live," you forced another closed eye smile his way.

He knew you were lying the moment you closed your eyes, you weren't the only one who was exceptional at picking up on peoples perfidiousness. Anybody who had experience in fighting could see that was no accident, especially not from a sink. That was physically assault, how else would you get a bruise like that? He could literally see the bruise the size of a fist, with finger marks and all growing on your face. He knew better than anyone how split lips looked considering how many peoples lips he's busted just like that before. Not to mention how nervous you became the moment he mentioned it, you avoided eye contact, began fidgeting and the tips of your ears slowly began to turn red. 

"You can tell me what happened, or if someone hurt you—" he starts trying to get you to confess the truth, he would deal with whoever laid a finger on you without hesitation.

"I'm fine, really I'm just clumsy," you cut him off, trying to convince him of your lies.

Before he had time to protest you began making his daily caramel macchiato, turning your attention away from him.

"Have you eaten today? Do you want something to eat?" You asked, desperately trying to change the subject.

"No, not today, can I get a large I espresso too though please?" He asks, watching your figure as you elegantly worked your magic.

"Sure," you said smiling softly over your shoulder at him. Without you looking he had placed a $50 note in the tip jar, and pulled out a $20 to pay for the drinks as well.

Once you had finished both of the drinks you placed them on the counter, looking up at him with your usual happy smile.

"$9.80 thank you," you say softly, accepting the $20 note he had extended toward you.

"Thank you," he replies.

"I hope you have a good day," you say, placing his change in the tip jar when you spotted the larger bill he had placed in their earlier. You glanced back at him with a guilty half frown, feeling bad for the amount of money he had put in their but he ignored your expression.

"No more tripping over okay?" He says, his lip half turned up into a small smile.

"I'll try," you forced a small giggle and shut your eyes.

"See you tomorrow," he called out, making his way to the door.

"Yeah," you said softly, more so to yourself.

'Is it that guy I saw her with? Does he hurt her?' He began wracking his brain, trying desperately to remember who that familiar looking man was.