𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

- 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 - - 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝 -

- 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 -
- 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝 -

One of the many perks of working at this cafe is that you get to play music over the speakers all day long, thanks to the Bluetooth speaker system.

When your favourite song comes on the speakers a normal thing to do is sit there and listen to it, sing along, maybe dance along if you're in the mood. Unfortunately that's not something you can do when you're at work. Unless it's dead quiet and there's nobody in the store, just like right now.

Or so you thought.

You had just served the first customer in 15 minutes and as they were walking out the door your favourite song had come on, so as you had turned around to clean up after yourself you hadn't noticed while the door was still open, just before it had shut Rindou had snuck inside.

Wiping down the coffee machine you started humming along to the song softly, enjoying the sunshine beaming through the window, the pleasant smell of freshly ground coffee beans.

Rindou had made his way closer to the counter silently as usual, you had never noticed quite how quietly he walked as you never put any thought into that whatsoever, and didn't even realise he was in the store.

Due to his line of work Rindou had managed to perfect his 'sneaking' so he didn't make a single sound when walking toward the counter.

'She doesn't know I'm here' he realises, smirking to himself as he watched your hips swaying lightly in time with the beat, your gently humming a soft, soothing tone.

By the time you were nearly finished cleaning the machine it had gotten to the chorus, and so you began softly singing along, still with your back facing the counter, oblivious to Rindou's presence. He had to hold back a soft chuckle at how oblivious you were, looking so cute doing something so simple as he stands there listening to you with a small smile forming on his face. Your voice was so elegant, quiet since you obviously didn't want to burst out like you were singing karaoke, almost harmonising with the singer perfectly. He was impressed by how well you held each note, the clarity of your voice and how beautiful you sounded.

"You're a good singer," he spoke up finally once the song had finished.

You gasped dramatically, barely managing to suppress a scream, just about jumping out of your skin at the sound of his voice. You tossed the rag you were holding directly at his face instinctively as if that was some kind of effective defence mechanism before you could process what you had done.

"Ah! I-I'm sorry! It's my favourite song at the moment," you blush, your face turning ten shades of red from pure embarrassment as you stood there wishing you could slip into the floor boards and disappear.