"Your name is literally everywhere in the news. I've gotten calls from artists wanting to collaborate and businesses who want you to be the face of their company," Tai, my publicist Sadie, and I met again the next morning at RCA headquarters.

"That's good," I shrugged, not really knowing what to say. Together we went over stories in the news about me in the last few months. Journalists were crazy saying how I had gout and three kids. People were unhinged.

Nothing but a pair of sweats clung to my body. My makeup also wasn't done, I was just too tired to draw on my face this morning.

"Selina, Tai, and I have talked about bringing even more attention to your name," Sadie gave me a small smirk, adding to my frown. "We want you to take advantage of Jack Harlow's little crush on you,"

"What do you mean?"

"Jack Harlow is a well-known rapper. I mean, he has 40 million Spotify streams so he obviously has a lot of supporters. We can utilize this," Tai mumbled, making my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "So you want me to date him?"

"Yes," They nodded in unison. "It's called a PR relationship because it helps gain attention,"

"You can't be serious?" I asked, shaking my head. But they only shrugged. "Does he know about this? Does he know that the relationship is fake?"

Sadie looked at Tai before mumbling a small "Yes."

"Now, Jack is actually in Savannah for this weekend because he had a show earlier today. We've acquired his number, which you are going to text asking if you could meet up,"

I felt my throat tighten. Was I really in the right mind space to entertain another man? Suddenly, I remembered the way Ricardo looked at Anisa. Like he was a little boy who had found his lost treasure.

Before I knew it, I granted them a nod.

They made me text him right then and there. Jack responded a few hours later, and together, we decided to meet up tonight. I knew he couldn't come to the manor because of my father so I suggested we meet at Jimmy Cools, a coffee shop in Georgia. Not many people knew about it, which was a shame. Their drinks were delicious.

Since it was late August, they already lifted their Autumn drinks and I couldn't be more excited.

Jack rented out the entire coffee shop to my surprise. He said he wanted us to have privacy which was strange because the whole point of the relationship was to garner attention.

I ordered the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and he ordered some Latte.

"You know, I was supposed to see you weren't cuffed up. You too pretty to be around here single, ma," He said once we sat down. I only tilted my head to the side and narrowed my eyes. "I bet you say that to all the girls,"

"Nah," He licked his lips before looking me up and down. "Just one,"

"Real smooth, Mr. Harlow," I said, taking a sip of my drink. He chuckled, wrapping one of his curls around his fingers. "Nah but for real. Why you single?"

With a clenched jaw, I avoid his gaze.

"You got a foot fetish or something? You look like you got one,"

"Shut up, Jack in the box,"

He chuckled, rolling his eyes. After like 10 minutes, a group of middle-aged men suddenly crowded the cafe's window, taking pictures. Jack seemed surprised to see the paparazzi which was... off.

They continued taking photos of us, screaming our names. I knew this was all part of the plan but I couldn't think with all the paparazzi here. He noticed my discomfort and stood up. "Come on, let's dip,"

Hesitatingly, I agree and together we head out, running past the paparazzi. A few laughs escaped us as they chased us but we continued running. Finally, we hide behind a bush and watched them continue running past us.

"Stupid fucks," Jack chuckled and I threw my head back. For the first time in a while, another person made me giggle. And I suddenly couldn't feel the weight of my whole world on my shoulder. For the first time, I felt like I was a teenager again, an innocent little thing.

Not a broken soul.

For some reason, the weather tonight was extremely cold. It must have been from the storm yesterday. He handed me his jacket which I thought was sweet because no one had ever done that for me.

My eyes trailed behind him and my entire world stopped. In front of me was Ricardo sitting at a table with Anisa in front of him. I could see them through the restaurant windows, which only caused my heart to break even more.

On their faces were matching frowns, anyone could tell they were sharing a deep conversation. Anisa extended her hand and placed it on his, and he looked up from his food.

I found my lips parted when I realized he didn't move it away. It used to be me who had his attention, now, it was someone else. Now, we didn't know each other. How could he just give away everything we had, how could he throw me into the dirt like this?

"Was he someone special?" Jack's breath fanned the back of my neck and I turned around, startled. He only gestured towards Ricardo and I looked back at him again. "You seem like you know him,"

"I'm just—," I shook my head.

"It's okay," He said, his lips pulling up for a small grin before he held his hand out for me to take. "Tonight is about the future, Selina. Not the past,"

Looking up at him, I slowly take his hand. "Okay,"

•••••

Some of y'all are detectives like damn. You knew exactly what I was gonna write about before I even wrote it. It's lowkey impressive.

I put a picture of Anisa on top just so you know what she looks like. She's very similar to Selina. Seems like Ricardo has a type....

Anyway, see you soon. Love you guys

- Best, Niki