Better in time- Scarlett

Começar do início

Those words bring tears to your eyes.

"My client is settling to give Y/N 10 million dollars and the house the two own together." Ben says.

"Is that okay, Y/N?" Julie asks.

You shake your head. "I don't want any money and I don't want the house."

"What? Y/N, just take the money, I want to make sure you'll be okay." Scarlett says.

"I don't want your money, Scarlett, I'll be fine on my own. And I don't want to live in a house that reminds me of you." You tell her.

"Y/N," she whispers. "I worry about you, ok?"

"Well you don't get to anymore. You're divorcing me, you're leaving me, not the other way around." You snap. "Keep the house, you and Lizzie can live there together."

Scarlett knew she deserved that but it still hurt to hear.

"So, you don't want anything from Scarlett?" Julie asks.

"No. I only ask that I can get my Mums box if jewellery back. I accidentally left it at your house and it's the only thing I have left of her." You request.

"Of course. I'll bring it round to where you're staying." Scarlett tells you.

"My client has said that she'll pay for an accommodation for Y/N, have you chosen one yet?" Ben asks you.

"No. I'm staying with my best friend, Florence. I she no intention of using any of Scarlett's money to buy an accommodation in the future. I have savings, I'll use those." You explain.

"Y/N, stop being difficult. I'm trying to help you out." Scarlett says frustratedly.

"I don't want your charity." You reply. "Use the money to buy your girlfriend gifts. You have been for the last 5 months, so what's stopping you now?"

"Ok. So, Scarlett, are you still settling to give Y/N 10 million and the house?" She nods her agreement. "But Y/N is declining your settlement and is refusing to take any money from you."

"We can't force Y/N to take the money and it is her decision not to take it, so all that's left is to sign the papers." Julie says and hands you a pen. "Sign where the crosses are."

You watch as Scarlett sings the papers with minimal hesitation.

You look down at the documents and a couple tears fall onto them. It only felt like yesterday when Scarlett asked you to spend the rest of your life with her. And now she's asking to end her life with you so she can start a new life with someone else.

"Y/N?"

You look up to see everyone looking at you. You glance at Scarlett to see her looking at you with a painted, guilty expression.

Clenching your jaw, you quickly sign the papers.

"Are we done?" You ask and wipe your tears away.

"Yes."

You stand up and grab your back, rushing out of the room which makes Scarlett run after you.

"Y/N!" She calls out and catches up to you outside. "Hey, wait up."

"What do you want, Scarlett?" You ask shakily, tears falling from your eyes.

"Why won't you take any money?" She asks confusedly.

"I don't want anything from you. I don't want your house that's filled with memories of us, and I sure as hell don't want your fucking money. I am more than capable to carry myself. You wanted the divorce and you got it, so stop acting like you give a shit about me because it's pathetic!" You shout.