Reunited- Florence

"Baby, you'll be fine. Just take some deep breathes." You tell your wife over the phone.

"What if she hates me?" Florence worries.

"You are impossible to hate, my love." You reassure. "Just be yourself-"

"Mama! I say hi!" Your little girl exclaims and jumps by your feet.

"Hold on, baby, Hope wants to say hi." You tell her before putting it on speaker.

"Hi, Mama." Hope giggles.

"Hello, my sweet. Are you being good for Mummy?"

"Yup! We went to the park and fed the duckies today. And then we got ice cweam and I got it on Mummy's nose."

"That sounds fun. We'll do that when I'm home, Princess. I promise."

"When are you coming home, Mama?"

"Not for a little while, sweetie. Mama is starting a new job."

"Oh..."

"Don't be sad, Babygirl. Mama hates it when you're sad."

"Just miss you, Mama." Hope says sadly.

You kneel down and let her cuddle into you.

"And I miss you more than you know," you hear her voice break. "But I promise that when I see you next I will give you all the hugs and kisses in the world. But until then, I need you to be a good girl for Mummy. Can you do that for me, little Princess?"

"Yes, Mama." Hope sniffs away her tears.

"Good girl. I have to go now, my loves, but I'll try my best to call later to say goodnight."

"Ok, baby. Remember, just be yourself and she'll love you." You tell her.

"Thank you, beautiful. I love you both with all my heart."

"We love you too, baby." You say.

"Love you to the moon and back, Mama."

"And I will love you until all the stars fall out of the sky. Goodbye, my loves."

The phone beeps indicating that she hung up.

Hope buries her face into your neck which makes you hug her tightly.

You and Flo met when you were 4 months pregnant. You were shopping and you couldn't reach something on the top shelf, Florence saw, and despite not being much taller than you, she was determined to help you. She somehow managed to reach it for you, and her face was priceless when she saw your bump. You remember the way her eyes lit up and she asked if she could touch it, you couldn't say no to her so you let her. She rambled on about how she remembers her mum being pregnant with her younger sister and how she was so fascinated by it. You laughed at how adorable she was, and she got your number. She took you on a date, which then led to 5 more dates until she asked you to be her girlfriend. She was there throughout the rest of your pregnancy, she got you whatever you were craving, she massaged your feet, she bathed you, she was just perfect.

You were reluctant to tell her about the baby's father, but she understood and waited for you to tell her. Your ex boyfriend was verbally and mentally abusive, sometimes he hit you as well. You're ere stuck with him for years because of his abuse but when he found out you were pregnant, he kicked you out- and you were more than happy to leave. Florence promised that she would never hurt you, and you trusted her instantly, you still do. Florence asked you to love in with her after 4 months of being together, when you were 8 months into your pregnancy. When you had moved in, you saw that she had put together a nursery, decorated with cream walls and Winnie the Pooh stickers, it was perfect.