Professor Maximoff- Wanda

You frown down at your test, the fat red 40 staring back at you. You studied your ass off for this exam, but no matter what you do, you can't understand it. Math has never been your strong suit but you always try to pass, to make your parents proud but you never can. You even asked your friends to help you, but no matter how much help you get, you just can't understand math.

"I was very impressed with almost everyone's results with this test, there are a couple who didn't pass but they have the opportunity to retake the test on Monday after school if you would like. That's it for today, class, I'll see you tomorrow." Professor Maximoff dismisses.

Everyone starts to file out of the classroom whilst you hang back, wanting to talk to your teacher.

"Professor?" You also and walk over to her desk.

"Yes, Y/N?" She replies.

"Im not happy with my grade." You frown.

"Remind me of your score." She says.

You blush embarrassedly and look down. "40."

"Oh. Yes, right." Professor Maximoff says and clears her throat. "You just need to study more, Y/N, you'll get it eventually."

"But I don't understand any of it, Professor. I-I studied my ass off for this test." You say confusedly.

"Y/N, the material was really easy. You should be able to do this by now, you're a senior." She sighs.

You frown and look down again, your parents disappointing shouts filling your mind.

Be better.

You're so stupid.

All you are is a disappointment.

I wish I never had you.

Idiot.

I hate you.

You aren't my daughter.

I can't even look at you right now.

Do us a favour and disappear.

"Right. Sorry. I'll do better." You mumble. "Thanks, Professor." You sniff away your tears and walk over to the door.

"Y/N, wait." She calls out.

"It's fine, Miss. I'll do better next time. I'm sorry for disappointing you." You apologise before leaving.

Wanda frowns in shock at how terrified you sounded. She makes a mental note to check in with you tomorrow.

"What took you so long?" Yelena asks when you climb into her car.

"Sorry, just talking to Professor Maximoff about my grade." You tell her.

"Fail again?" She asks sympathetically.

"40." You chuckle dryly.

"Hey, that's better than last time." Yelena cheers.

"By one point, Lena. I'm dumb, let's face it." You say sadly.

"You're not dumb, Y/N. You struggle more than others, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I suck at English, you don't see me crying about it." Yelena shrugs.

"You aren't failing though. I am. Plus, I like your accent." You huff.

Yelena chuckles and starts to drive out of the school. "I know, сука."

You slap her arm which makes her laugh.

"Nat's making chicken Alfredo tonight, wanna come over?" She asks.